ASE PTA Newsletter
Welcome to ASE PTA (Parent Teacher Association) Newsletter!
What is the PTA?
Joining the PTA benefits your child. In doing so, you also help the school. But there are many more advantages of joining the PTA:
- GET CONNECTED - There is no better way to know what's happening in your school!
- DISCOVER GREAT RESOURCES - The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students!
- TAP INTO A NETWORK - PTA Functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns and experiences.
- WATCH YOURSELF GROW - By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause - your child and all children in the community.
- SPEAK UP - PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child's school.
- WITNESS IMPROVEMENT - By getting involved at your child's school you'll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTA's play an important role by supporting building improvements through advocacy and play an important role in fundraising for curriculum based programs and social events.
- BE A ROLE MODEL - By becoming a PTA Member, you'll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- ENJOY SUBSTANTIAL BENEFITS - Individuals and local units can take advantage of a host of benefits from PTA Membership including newsletters, leadership training and more.
ASE PTA Executive Board (2018-2019)
The Executive Board consist of the following:
Jennifer Bowlin, President
Nadine Skinner, Secretary
Shane Bowen, Treasurer
Angele Akle, VP Communications
Karla Aranda, VP Programs
Ashley Bodungen, VP Fundraising
Lopa Shah, Parliamentarian
Stephanie Stegemeier, Historian
Nehal Dave, VIPS Coordinator
Sheetal Patel, Room Reps
Fawzia Elsaadi, Gifting
The PTA Board meets the 1st Wednesday of every month. The Meeting Minutes will be posted within a week of our meeting. http://asepta.org/minutes-of-meeting/
Thank you to all who give countless hours to make the ASE PTA a success!!
Current PTA Events
Dalmatian Nation Drive
Friday, Sep. 21st, 9pm
We are excited to kick off our 3rd Annual ASE Dalmatian Nation Drive. The Dalmatian Nation Drive allows each ASE family to donate money directly to the PTA through a tax-deductible* contribution instead of having our children sell products door to door. The 3rd Annual Dalmatian Nation Drive kicks off NOW!! The Dalmatian Nation Drive is an annual fundraiser for ASE.
The Dalmatian Nation Drive has been chosen for the following reasons:
- 100% of donations go directly to our PTA with no fees paid to outside companies (fees can be 65% of proceeds)
- Positive feedback from parents, administrators, and teachers
- No door-to-door sales by our children
- No sales competitions for our children
- Donations are tax deductible*
- Donations are eligible for corporate matching
- Dalmatian Nation Drive allows us to redirect volunteer efforts toward classroom and extracurricular support to better serve our students, staff, and families
Your donation to Dalmatian Nation Drive will go directly to the PTA’s operating budget this year, which includes:
- Field Trips & Transportation
- Grade Level Enrichment Funds
- Literacy Library
- Teacher Conference Funds
- Arts Reflections Program
- Music, Art and PE Enrichments
- Math and Science Enrichments
- Field Day
- Family Events
PTA resources are essential to our children and our school. The PTA’s goal is to raise $60,000 this year through the Dalmatian Nation Drive. Again, these funds will go directly to benefiting the school. A donation of $125 per family amounts to approximately 62 cents per school day. While this daily amount seems small, it is amazing what we will be able to accomplish for our children. Please do not feel pressure to give more than your finances allow. Any amount, no matter how large or small will be received graciously and will directly benefit ASE.
We want the students excited about the Dalmatian Nation Drive too! The grade level raising the most amount of funds will receive a “Party on the Playground!” What more could a child want than extra recess, music, and popsicles with their friends? We will have the Fundraising Goals posted in the school so the students, staff, and parents can watch as we reach our goal.
Please submit the Dalmatian Nation Drive donation ASAP but no later than Friday, September 21, 2018.
$1,000 and Above: Fire Chief Supporter
Name in Directory, Student Lunch with Principal, 1 Water Bottle, Marquee Thank You, 1 Yearbook ($40 Value), 1 Spirit Wear Item and 1 Car Decal
$500-$999: Firehouse Station Supporter
Name in Directory, 1 Water Bottle, Marquee Thank You, 1 Spirit Wear Item, 1 Yearbook ($40 Value) and 1 Car Decal
$250-$499 - First Response Team Supporter
Name in Directory, 1 Water Bottle, 1 Yearbook ($40 Value) and 1 Car Decal
$100-$249 - Fire Engine Red Supporter
Name in Directory, 1 Water Bottle and 1 Car Decal
Dad's Club Kickball Game
Saturday, Sep. 15th, 10am
Bark After Dark - Family Movie Night
Thursday, Sep. 27th, 7:30pm
Casino Night Auction!
Friday, Oct. 12th, 6:30pm
Sweetwater Country Club
Mrs. Whisonant sent an email on Tuesday, September 11th with the Grade Level Basket Donation Signups.
Again, we thank you in advance for your donations and involvement in our fundraising events!
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Box Top Challenge!
Friday, Sep. 21st, 3pm
Thursday, Nov. 8th, 6pm
Additional PTA News
- Save the Date for Chick-fil-A Spirit Night on Tuesday, September 25th!
- Birthday Marquee - Forms were sent home on Friday, September 7th! Get your forms in to have your child(ren) birthday on the Marquee.
- Spirit Wear - Visit our Spirit Wear Store at http://asepta.org/product-category/spirit-wear/.
- Join our ASE PTA Facebook Page for special announcements, flyers and more information! https://www.facebook.com/groups/sullivan.pta/
- If you plan on volunteering at ASE, please make sure you have your Criminal Background Check completed. https://www.fortbendisd.com/Page/830
- Want to Volunteer with ASE PTA? Please enter your information in the following link and a PTA Board Member will contact you with volunteer opportunties! http://asepta.org/volunteer-form/
- If you currently volunteering, whether it is physically at school or during home/office hours, please log your hours to following website. http://asepta.org/volunteer-hours/
- Own a local business or know a business that would love to sponsor ASE PTA?? See the following for more information!http://asepta.org/sponsorship-info/
What does ASE PTA FUND?
Guiding Reading Books - $25,000
Last year we were able to gift $25,000 in Guided Reading Books to increase our library so that children can have access to multiple levels throughout the school year.
Raz Kids - $5500
Raz Kids is a reading program that is utilized by K-2. We annually support this reading program using PTA Funds.
Outdoor Water Fountains - projected for 2019!
One of the request by several of our teachers and ASE Staff is to provide Outdoor Water Fountains. With the Houston heat, we know it would be super beneficial. We are in the process of raising funds to be able to provide this to our children and staff.