North Ohio Elementary
August 2023 Newsletter
- Kindergarten Kick Off- Tuesday, August 29th @ 5-6PM
- 1st-3rd Grade Open House- Wednesday, August 30th @ 5-6 PM
- First Day of School 1st through 3rd- Tuesday, September 5th
- First Day of School Kindergarten- Thursday, September 7th @ 12:45 PM/Parent responsible for student drop off
- Picture Day- Thursday, September 21st
A message from the principal...
North Ohio is very excited to welcome families back to the 2023-2024 school year. We look forward to a year that is engaging, dynamic, and fun for all students.
Our goal is to have each and every student love coming to school. The staff has been working diligently to prepare for the upcoming school year. Your child's safety and progress is of the utmost importance to us. We are thrilled to partner with you in a successful school year.
Enjoy the rest of your summer, and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Mandy Bolen, Principal
- Teacher assignment letters have been mailed! This mailing will also include information about directory opt out, preprinted emergency card, student/parent agreement signature page, and arrival/dismissal information. Please complete the forms to be turned in at open house or send them with your child on the first day of school.
- The student day will begin at 8:00 AM and end at 2:50 PM. The side gym doors will open for drop off at 7:40.
- NOE staff will assist all students in locating their classrooms. Please say your goodbye before your child boards the bus or when they exit your vehicle; this includes the first day of school.
- Please see the arrival/dismissal information below; this is also being mailed in your welcome packet.
- Emergency procedures such as fire, weather, and lockdown drills, will be practiced throughout the school year.
- Prescription and Over the Counter Medication at School- ALL students taking medication during the school day must complete the appropriate form(s). There have been some changes by the state of Michigan in regards to prescription medication at school. Now ALL prescription medication must have a doctor's signature. Our prescription medication forms have been updated across the district. Here are links to our updated prescription medication form and our over the counter medication form to help you get a head start.
Parents will receive confirmation via Text and/or E-mail through Gaylord Schools Messaging System of their student's route number, and at that time we will have AM and PM estimated pick-up and drop-off times located on the GCS Webpage. Please allow extra time in the beginning as we are establishing routes.