Help Our Students Make the Grade
Young Women's College Prep Charter School
You Can Help Make an Extraordinary Difference!
88% of the students at YWCP come from low-income families, and a majority of them attend YWCP for the promise that they will be the first in their family to graduate from a four-year college. We can fulfill that promise with your help!
Now is the time to act - to get these girls on the right academic path toward their most important destination: college. Please support this mission by including YWCP in your year-end giving. It takes all of us working together to achieve incredible results like these:
- 92% attendance rate for the 2013-2014 school year.
- 98% of students said "Cool Women/Hot Jobs" helped them learn about new career options.
- 98% of students said 9th Grade Summer Bridge helped them understand what they need to do to get into college.
- More than 91% of students in 7th Grade Summer Bridge showed an increase in English and Math skills.
- 77% of READ 180 participants showed significant increases in their reading level after just nine months.
- 15 ninth grade students have been matched with female mentors since September.
- 25% of our 9th grade class has already achieved high school credits!
And with your support, YWCP will be one of the first public schools in Rochester to provide a full-time Director of College Counseling who will offer individualized college planning for each student and her family.
Please make a tax-deductible donation to the YWCP Foundation using the button below by December 31st to ensure that 2015 brings another year of academic success to our students!
The mission of the YWCP Foundation is to break the cycle of poverty for young urban girls by increasing their economic self-sufficiency through improved leadership skills, career awareness, college readiness, and college access. To accomplish this, YWCP Inc. creates, implements, and supports innovative programs that educate the whole girl - academically, socially, and emotionally.