Reducing Teenage Pregnancy Rates
by Sam Fraser
Why Prevent Pregnancy?
- Teenage pregnancies cost taxpayers over 9 billion dollars a year
- More than two thirds of all teenagers who have a baby do not graduate from high school
- Children of teenage mothers generally have lower birth weights, are more likely to perform poorly in school and are at greater risk of abuse and neglect
- Sons of teenage mothers are 13% more likely to end up in prison
- Daughters of teenage mothers are 22% more likely to become teenage mothers themselves
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure when it comes to preventing teen pregnancy.
So don't go wild, prevent the child.