Hillsdale Elementary School, February 2020
Can you believe we are almost mid-way into February? It sure didn't feel like it last week! I know at least a few students that are hoping for a snow day sometime this month.
Just a few reminders in this newsletter:
- Please remember when you are entering and exiting from picking up your child at the end of the day, we have a very busy traffic pattern and some students who do walk. Please pay attention to your surroundings and keep to the 15 mph School Zone speed limit. Also, please remember to give buses the right of way - we have had several near accidents.
- If your child is sick with a fever, please keep him or her home until they are fever free for 24 hours. We are fighting a tough sick season, so please help us from spreading germs.
- As our temperatures continue to fluctuate, we do ask that your child dress in layers and be prepared for the changes. If a coat, hat, or glove does not make it home, please ask your child to check our lost and found. We do scan these items regularly for a name so that helps get items back.
Please join us for Literacy STEAM night, March 4th!
Please see the attached flyer for GETT (Girls Exploring Tomorrow's Technology) event on March 28th
Save the Date!
Feb 14 – Kids’ Heart Challenge
· Feb 17 – No School – President’s day
· Feb 18 - 19 – PBIS reboot assembly and lessons
· Feb 18 - 21 – Spirit Week
· Feb 21 – PTO Meeting 9:00am
· Feb 22 – Winter Carnival (11a-3p)
Raptor Reset in 2020
Please be reminded that the district cleared the Raptor Visitor Management System in late January. Please bring your license the next time you come in to volunteer at school.
Registration is now open for next year!
Registration is open for new students. Please go to the District website to fill out an online application. You will find the application right next to the West Chester Area School District logo at the top in the blue banner. It is the icon of a clipboard with New Student Registration label. Once you fill out the application, please call the school to make an appointment to finalize the registration. Tell your neighbors and friends.
Spanish Language Phone Line
Si usted prefiere comunicarse en español por favor llame al 484-266-1690 para contactarse con personal escolar.
(If you prefer to speak to a Spanish speaking operator, please call 484-266-1690 to connect with school personnel.)
Library Volunteers Wanted!
Please use these Sign Up Genius links to volunteer in our Library:
Day One - Tibbs-Brown, Wojcik, Burgess, Warner, Berman, Istvan
Day Two - Fitch, King, McBrearty, Pester, Miller, Readdy
Day Three - Korb, McCallister, Golebiewski, Zwizanski, Colven, Quinn
Day Four - Cini, Rostick, Numerato, Noone, Lupotsky, Sciola