for the week of December 14th
Per the email sent to you on December 8th....The past few weeks have seen an alarming trend in Carbon Monoxide incidents throughout the district. Our school has received additional detectors which were installed in the corridors as well as a copy of our building's floor plan that includes markers for each location where CO detectors have been installed.
Should a carbon monoxide or smoke detector continuously alarm, any staff member should pull the fire alarm and immediately evacuate the building in the same manner as a FIRE DRILL. You are to print and place the revised Fire/Carbon Monoxide Evacuation Drill Procedures near your exit door.
Congratulations to ACS Ballroom Dancers who won 2nd place for Overall Technique in the Dance Off Competition. Kudos to Ms. Lewis, students and parents! Well Done!
Network 9 Attendance Winter Fest Challenge will end on Tuesday, December 15th. The school with the highest attendance percentage between December 1st-15th will win an Attendance Turn-Up Fest Winter Takeover with HotRod from Power 92.3, Teefa from Soul 106.3 and TrueStar Magazine at their respective school on Friday, December 18th. For the week of December 7th-11th our attendance rate was 96.75%, Mollison 96.46% and Woodlaw 96.46%. Let's ensure that we input accurate attendance daily and encourage students to come to school.
CHANGED: The Holiday Classroom Door Contest will end on Monday, December 14th at 3:45 p.m. Any class adding additional decor to their door will be disqualified. You are take a picture of your door and email to me by the end of the on Monday, December 14th. Judging (students only) will held on the morning of Tuesday, December 15th. Students will be asked to judge the decoration placed on your classroom door. The first floor students will vote for their top three classroom doors on the second floor and the second floor students will vote for their top three classroom doors on the first floor. Ballots will be placed in your mailboxes on Tuesday. There will a first, second and third place winner from each floor. Winners will be announced on Wednesday, December 16th. Winners will receive $250 (1st Pl), $150 (2nd Pl) & $100 (3rd Pl). Parents will tour the doors on Thursday, December 17th. Good Luck to all!
CHANGED: There will be a Pre-Assembly on Wednesday, December 16th at 9:30 a.m. in the gym for all Pre-K through 3rd grade class. The Winter Assembly for parents will be held on Thursday, December 17th. There will be two assemblies 9:30 a.m. & 2:00 p.m. See Ms. Caffie for additional information.
- Pre-K (am), Kindergarten & 1st grade classes will perform at 9:30 a.m.
- Pre-K (pm), 2nd & 3rd grade classes will perform at 2:00 p.m.
ACS Social Club Updates
- Ugly Christmas Sweater Day will be held on Monday, December 14th. Wear your ugliest festive sweater.
- Secret Santa distribution will begin on December 14th-December 18th.
- Social Club dues will be collected through December 18th. The cost: $30.00. Funds are due to Mrs. Butts, Room 127.
The building will close on Friday, December 18th at 5:00 p.m. There will be limited building access during the winter break. Please check with Mrs. Stem for access. I will be on vacation during the winter break and unavailable. Unless it is an extreme emergency, I will return all calls, text and emails on Monday, January 4th.
Domain 1: Planning & Preparation
There are NO lesson plans due for this week. The next set of lesson plans are due on January 4th.
Gradebook feedback for the week of December 7th-11th will be placed in your mailbox on Monday, December 14th.
Domain 3: Instruction
The TRC MOY window opens on Monday, December 14th. Designated Intensive students are to be assessed by Friday, December 18th. You are to sync your device daily.
- PARCC 2014 Student Results & Parent Letter will be placed in your mailbox this week for distribution on Friday, December 18th.
- You are to prepare Holiday Homework Assignments via hardcopy or on-line (Nearpod, Discovery Education, iReady Reading/Math, or Raz-Kids). Holiday Homework Assignments must be distributed on Friday, December 18th. You are to award points for completion and must input grade/points into IMPACT Gradebook by Friday, January 8th.
Domain 4: Personal Responsibilities
- Our attendance rate for last week was 96.75%. The same rate from the previous week. You are to input attendance into IMPACT by 9:30 a.m. and send the Blue Attendance Folder to the front desk (Mr. Bush). Mr. Bush will call each classroom daily to cross check that students marked absence in IMPACT are absence. The top three classrooms with the highest attendance rate for January will receive a FREE school bus, or gym. Winners will be announced on Monday, February 1st.
- Grade-level meetings are canceled for this week. Teachers will be self-directed.
ESP/MSU Student Interns:
- ESP Mid-Year Evaluations will be conducted this week for any ESP. You are to check your email for date and time. You are to bring the completed self-assessment to the meeting.
"Teaching & Learning Through Technology"
Mr. Kelly's 5th graders take a Brain Break with #GoNoodle and get back on track with the "Find Peace" .
Mr. Alter's 7th graders use #Kahoot to practice their vocabulary.
Dr. Coleman's Math students learning unit rates and measurement through Discovery Education Math Techbook.