Friday 27th November
Reporting a positive Covid result out of hours
Should you believe your child to have Covid-19 symptoms and need to go into self-isolation, please notify the school office in the usual way via phone or email.
Should you receive a ‘test positive’ result for your child it is VITAL that you notify us as soon as possible: During school hours – directly to the school office via 01937 557396.
Out of hours send an email to email@example.com (stating student’s full name and class, contact phone number, date and time of positive Covid test result – please use TEST POSITIVE in the title)
It is VITAL that you let us know as soon as you possibly can so that we can implement contingency planning.
Don’t forget that our school has registered with the Covid Symptom Study to help monitor the spread of the virus. If you would like to participate, you will need to register with the code AFXPPKY. For more information including full instructions on how to join and use the COVID Symptom Study app please head to: https://covid.joinzoe.com/schools
We will be putting the Christmas Card post box in school again this year. Children can write cards to their friends (in our school only please!) and post them in the box in the school entrance. Please ensure that the full name and class is written on the envelope. We will leave cards in the box to sanitise before delivering them so please be patient – we will make sure that they are given out before Christmas.
- Thank you for all the generous donations towards the FOSS Christmas events. We now have plenty of raffle prizes, but are a little short of prizes for the chocolate tombola. If you are able to donate a small chocolate bar or similar item towards this activity, please send it into school next week. Thank you.
- There is still time to purchase FOSS raffle tickets. Stubbs and money should be returned to school by 4th December. If you would like additional tickets, please contact the office.
- We are pleased that the work on our new roof has now been completed. The scaffolding will be removed in the next few days, but the compound on the field will remain a little longer until the ground is firm enough to move the equipment.
This weeks reminders:
- Next week we will be on WEEK 3 of the lunch menu. If you would like to make any changes can you please ensure you let the office know as soon as possible.
- Can I please ask you to check your ParentPay accounts regularly to ensure these are kept in credit.
Recipe book in support of the NHS
As Christmas is approaching, perhaps you are wondering what to buy for your loved ones? To show our ongoing support to all our NHS workers, we are pleased to announce that our NHS Rainbow Recipe book has been re-released on sale and would make a fantastic gift for all baking fans. The book consists of a wide range of easy-to-follow recipes, all donated by the children in school and has been praised by those who have already bought it. Who knows, some may become your new family favourites!
We suggest a £5 donation, but please feel free to donate as little or as much as you wish via ParentPay.
Details of events and school activities. This is also accessible through the school website.
Staff Shout Outs
Car Parking reminder
Club Hub is the UK's largest kids activities directory. Parents and carers can search for kids activities for newborns to 18 years in the whole of the UK for free. We have thousands of online classes listed with the majority of them offering activities for free or with huge discounts available. https://clubhubuk.co.uk/listings/online-classes-and-activity-boxes.
We're pleased to be able to send you the Nov/Dec Families North Yorkshire Magazine.
It is full of resources and ideas to help you and your family through the autumn term and to keep your children entertained, busy and productive.
You can read the magazine HERE.
We hope that you enjoy it.