Our Sunday School Class
Where we love the sinner, hate the sin, and seek His kingdom
His Hands and Feet
May 23 ~ Kim and Tammy
May 30 ~ Carman and Pam
June 6 ~ Lisa B. and Emily
June 13 ~ Carman and Kim
June 20 ~ Janet (Please contact Janet if you can help her.)
June 27~ Melissa Sisk
Summer Ministry Opportunities
- June/July (date TBD) provide Brian and Xan a romantic evening dinner cruise for their anniversary
- date TBD - help Anne and Scott with her mother's move
- June 29 ~ well filter change (Ed has details)
- June 29 ~ tub faucet changed (Ed has details)
- June 29 @ 9:00 CHANGE IN PLANS!!!! Brian Chace needs front porch worked on (instead of working on James' house.
- August 18, 5:00 Roll Call Sunday
Notes From Today's Lesson (my version...feel free to disagree or correct me)
1 Peter 1:3-9
Do we live our lives with the expectation of God coming through for us? Do some people abandon the faith because they cannot see the end? D we trust that trials make us stronger? I don't like dealing with the temper and the wrath of him..and then be blamed for his lack of control.
Doug- bike ride, satisfaction in finishing something hard.
2 Peter 3:8-13
God's desire is to give every single person the opportunity to repent.
There are two things that drive people- fear and hope
1 John 2:15-19
Is a matter of "do the right thing. It's not like a checklist that you do it once and check it off."
Next Week's Lesson (Let Doug know what you think of the new information.)
The Consummation: The King Returns to Live with His People
Summary and Goal
In this lesson, we will look at what the Bible has to say about the future of our world. As Christians, we look forward to the day when Christ will return to judge the living and the dead and finally purge this world of all traces of evil and unrighteousness. The reality of heaven and hell and the truth of Christ’s second coming should impact the way we live. God calls us to look forward to Christ’s coming with eager anticipation as we engage in His mission until He returns.
Steps to Prepare
Read 1–2 Thessalonians; Jude; and Revelation 21–22. Focus especially on these passages:
1 Thessalonians 1:8-10
2 Thessalonians 2:1-4
1. The truth of Christ’s coming in the future should change our lives today (1 Thess. 1:8-10).
2. The truth of Christ’s coming leads us to reject the spirit of antichrist (2 Thess. 2:1-4).
3. The truth of Christ’s coming gives us urgency in joining God’s mission (Jude 20-23).
4. The result of Christ’s coming is a renewed earth filled with God’s presence (Rev. 21:1-8).