May Board Report
L. C. Klager Elementary School
- 5.3-5.5-3rd grade MSTEP
- 5.4.16-Klager PTO staff appreciation luncheon
- 5.6.16-School Board staff appreciation Breakfast
- 5.6.16-First grade field trip to Howell Nature Center
- 5.6.16-Grandparent's Day-Second Grade
- 5.9-5.13-3rd-grade MSTEP makeups
- 5.12.16-tenative Klager SIP meeting
- 5.13.16-Band fittings for 4th grade
- 5.13.16-Movie Night Oceans
- 5.17-5.19-4th grade MSTEP
- 5.16.16-Kindergarten Leadership Workshop
- 5.16.16-Fire Drill
- 5.19.16-Grade level meeting
- 5.20.16-Co-op-Preschool visit
- 5.23.16-Leadership Workshop
- 5.24.16-PTO meeting
- 5.26.16-Preschool will visit Klager at 9:30 am and 1:00 pm
- 5.26.16-Appreciation Luncheon from Anne Hannah
- 5.26.16-Reproductive Health Parent Meeting
- 5.30.16-No School-Memorial Day
- 6.2.16-Staff meeting
- 6.2.16-Tentative Date for Kids Against Hunger packaging.
The Leader in Me
We will be sending a Leader In Me survey to parents, staff, and student survey. The data will be used in our leader.org grant and for our Lighthouse status data collection.
We have received our sign from The Leader in Me announcing our school as a Leader In Me school for the 20115-2016 school year. Thanks to the maintenance/grounds professionals, it is hanging near the entrance to our school. We have a second outdoor sign coming from our friends at Lifetouch.This will be a chalkboard style sign that welcomes guests to our community of learners. This should be in place before the end of the school year. It will hang on the wall facing the circle drive, under the portico.
We are also creating an attendance chalkboard to hang near the office that celebrates our daily attendance. We can't wait to have leaders update the attendance and look at trends to be shared on the announcement. We will always shoot for 100% and work to celebrate improved attendance. Attendance will be one of the goal sheets in our student data notebooks, Leadership Logs, that we will institute school-wide in 2016-17.
Year two of the Leader in Me focuses on student-led conferences and student data collection to drive their learning. We want our educators to make informed decisions and we want our students to see that by putting first things first and beginning with the end in mind, they can be an active part of their education. We want students to see that when we do assessments it is to inform our instruction and allow us to make changes and further refine the personalized learning of the classroom or grade level. This is not meant to be a judgement. That being said, this will take an effort from students, staff and families to fully embrace and welcome. We all know that students need a purpose, and understanding their learning process is powerful. We want them to see that everyone's efforts have . The Leader In Me has researched this idea and found it to be a very beneficial process for student growth. We all need to self-reflect and enjoy a private victory. It is not a game of comparison, but a chance to make future choices based on what you know about yourself as a learner.
Leader in Me smore: https://www.smore.com/ay3wf
Klager Garden and Outside Greatness.
Safe Routes to School Award
This program was recently honored at the See what Michigan is Made of Event : Governor's Fitness Awards event held at Cobo Arena. They represented the 5 Healthy Towns as they received the Active Community Award.
Reproductive Health Parent Meeting
After warming up we walked the halls of Klager with the music blaring and the staff encouraging. We had a great time exercising.