Home of the Cougars: Week of August 21st
Message from the Principal
What an amazing start to the new school year! It was such a joy to see the positive energy and excitement from students and staff this week! Students and staff have been getting to know each other and beginning to build a great community of learning. We had a very successful turnout for "Meet the Teacher"! I want to express my deep appreciation for the following groups:
- our hard working staff who have worked so hard to provide a warm and nurturing environment for our students
- our custodial team for their exceptional work maintaining a clean environment
- our PTA for their unwavering dedication and efforts to welcome families and make teachers feel special
- our parents for such a supportive start to the year
Please make sure to share any important information such as allergies, pick up, transportation etc with your child's teacher.
We hope to see everyone at our upcoming Parent Orientation on August 24th, times are below and Back to School event on August 30th from 5:30-7:00pm hosted by our PTA!
As always, please feel free to reach out to me with any major concerns, feedback or questions. Have a wonderful weekend!
Kimball Hill Principal
- Parent Orientation-Thursday, August 24th (times are listed above)
- Back to School Bash- August 30th 5:30-7:00pm
- No School-Monday, September 4th Labor Day
- Picture Day- September 8th
Visit the District 15 Calendar for more information!
Free Breakfast and Lunch Reminder
As a reminder, both breakfast and lunch will be provided to all students who would like to eat the food served each day. Students at Kimball Hill are offered FREE breakfast and lunch daily starting the first day of school as part of the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) program, funded by the federal government. Students may bring a lunch from home if they prefer to do so.
What does this mean for families attending the CEP school like Kimball Hill?
Again, all enrolled students will receive a free breakfast and lunch at school at no charge to your household. Your child(ren) will be able to participate without having to pay a fee, but we ask that you still complete the Fee Waiver form here (Spanish form) to determine if your family qualifies for other financial assistance such as school fees, athletic, and activity fee waivers. Again, completing the application is still necessary for other programs and assists with funding for educational programs in District 15.
Information from our Nutritional Services Department may be found HERE for your review.
Back to School Bash- August 30th
Parent Orientation- August 24th
Join us for our Parent Orientation Night on Thursday, August 24th. Our schedule for the evening is listed below. Teachers look forward to sharing learning plans and expectations for the school year. This is an informational evening for parents/guardians ONLY.
5:30-6:15 pm-Grades K-2
6:15-7:00 pm-Grades 3-6
- "Back to School Grams" will be on sale next week during Parent Orientation, August 24th, during your time slot. For $1, you can send a positive note and a cute donut keychain to your child. Cash only! Come see us at the PTA table!
- Stay connected! Follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/KimballHillPta) or follow us on Instragram (@KimballHillPTA).
- If you haven't done so already, please consider becoming a PTA member this school year! https://kimballhillpta.memberhub.com/store
- Thank you for making staff feel special!
Picture Day Information- September 8th
Boys & Girls Club
Drop Off/Pick Up Reminders
Thank you for such a smooth start to the year! Drop off and pick up was speedy, safe and efficient because of you! Thank you for following our procedures!
1st Bell (BREAKFAST FOR THOSE IN NEED): 8:10 a.m. - Doors open for students who are in need of breakfast. They will walk to the lunchroom and eat breakfast until the second bell rings. A breakfast supervisor will be monitoring students at this time.
We do strongly recommend students arrive closer to the bell at 8:20 if they do NOT need a breakfast. Students can enter through the main entrance, door 10 by School Street and Door 8 by LRC.
2nd Bell: 8:25 a.m. - Classes will begin. At this time, all exterior doors are locked except for the main entrance. Students who arrive late (after 8:25 a.m.) must enter through the front door. Parents MUST sign them into the main office. All district 15 schools are now using a chromebook for parents to utilize when signing students in or out.
A.M. Procedures: During AM drop off times, the front parking lot is closed. We encourage all families to utilize our drop off procedure rather than “the park and walk in” method. Our drop off method is designed to build independence and confidence of our students, provide a safe experience and is the most efficient method for the high volume of vehicles dropping off students. If you need to park and come inside, please use street parking, follow street signs. You can drop off on School Street and students can use Door 10 by School Street for a more convenient entry. Please follow traffic laws and signs. No child should be unsupervised on campus before school begins. The side staff parking lot (next to Jewel Osco) is reserved for buses and staff parking. The front parking lot is for staff only. Please do not park in these lots and we kindly ask that you do not move our school cones to drop off students or pick up students in these areas. Dismissal procedures will be provided from your child's teacher.
- If you use the semi-circle in front of school to drop off, all vehicles should enter at the north end of the circle drive and exit at the south end. There will be one lane of traffic.
- Pull up as far as possible toward the stop sign to let out your child. Each child should get out of the car on the curb side. Parents must remain in their cars as this will help the line to flow and prevent congestion. Staff will be out front to help students get out of their cars and into the building each morning.
- A.M. Kindergarten will be dropped off at the front of the building, as well. Staff will be there to receive these students and help them get to their classroom. P.M. Kindergarten will use School Street or street parking to drop students off. We kindly ask that you refrain from using the front semi circle to avoid the buses.
- If you are dropping off your child for the REC program before 8:10 a.m., please park in the parking lot—NOT the circle drive—and use the crosswalk to bring your child into the building.
- All vehicles using the front semi-circle should enter at the north end and exit at the south end; otherwise please feel free to use street parking.
- Please continue to pull all the way forward to allow for a continuous, safe flow of cars.
- Parents will need to remain in their car when their student(s) enters the vehicle.
- Staff will assist to ensure your child gets to your car safely.
- Please remind your child to enter the car on the side of the school, if possible.
- Feel free to display your child's name and teacher/grade in windshield.
- To avoid a bottleneck, please consider parking along School Street, following street signs. Children can then walk to the car. The residential side of School Street is a public street- all traffic laws do apply. Please be aware of blocking the driveways of private homes- this is prohibited. The RMPD will enforce parking restrictions. Parents are urged to adhere. There is also street parking or you may use the Jewel lot.
- All students that qualified for bussing, will take a bus home.
Walking to School/Crossing Guards: If your child walks to school, we have adult crossing guards that are provided by the Rolling Meadows Police Department. Please take advantage of these services at the following locations:
- Kirchoff and Meadow
- School Street and Meadow
- Campbell and Meadow
ECDEC, Dual Kindergarten, Grades 1st-6th
- Monday-Thursday: 8:25 am – 3:05 pm
- Friday: 8:25 am – 2:15 pm
- Monday-Thursday: 8:25 am – 11:00 am
- Friday: 8:25 am – 10:35 am
- Monday-Thursday: 12:30 pm – 3:05 pm
- Friday: 12:05 pm – 2:15 pm
Office Hours: 7:25 am – 3:55 pm, Monday- Friday
Doors open at 8:10am for students who need breakfast! All other students should plan to arrive closer to 8:20am. School begins at 8:25am and students will be marked tardy after 8:25.