The Ranger Roundup
Upcoming Important Dates
- May 1st - May 5th Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 1st - Bring a teacher their favorite drink
- May 2nd - Bring a teacher their favorite candy
- May 3rd - Bring a teacher a flower or apple
- May 4th - Dress like your favorite teacher
- May 5th - Write a letter to your teacher
- May 1st - Local School Council Meeting 9:30 am
- May 2nd - May 4th VMMS's Theatre Arts Department presents High School Musical Jr. 6:00 pm in the VMMS cafeteria
- May 3rd - FCA 8:00 am Room 705
- May 4th - STAR Reading and Math Student Celebrations
- May 4th - 8th Grade Picture Day via PTO (See the flyer below)
- May 5th - 8th Grade Formal 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- May 8th - 5th Grade Transition Night 6:00 pm for upcoming 6th grade families
- May 9th - Picture Day for 8th Grade Awards
- May 10th - Cheerleading Tryouts 4:05 pm
- May 10th - Band's Spring Concert 6:00 pm
- May 11th - May 15th NJHS Washing DC Trip
- May 11th - May 12th - PTO's Mother's Day Shop in the media center
- May 14th - Mrs. Blankenship's Birthday
- May 15th - FCA 8:00 am in room 705
- May 16th - 8th Grade Cookout
- May 17th - FCA 8:00 am in room 705
- May 17th - Mr. Ogburn's Birthday
- May 18th - VMMS's Choir's Disney Concert at Northside High School 6:00 pm
- May 19th - 7th Grade End of the Year Awards 9:30 am
- May 19th - 6th Grade End of the Year Awards 11:30 am
- May 22nd - 8th Grade Awards Ceremony 6:00 pm @ Cascade Hills Church
- May 23rd - Last Day of School
The VMMS Staff can not begin to thank our amazing PTO for everything they have done this school year for the students and staff. From concession duty to Ranger Day Shops to running errands at the last minute they have gone above and beyond! Thank you so much!!!
The PTO is asking for donations of drinks, snacks, and popsicles for our end of the year events. If you would like to volunteer please email the PTO at email@example.com
Help us celebrate our great teachers from May 1st - May 5th with Teacher Appreciation Week. We have designated each day for students to show support to our phenomenal educators.
The VMMS Theatre Arts Department will have 3 performances of High School Musical. We hope you will be able to make it. The students and staff have been hard at work for this performance.
On May 4th we will celebrate our students who are on grade level or have demonstrated sufficient growth for their STAR reading or math. Concessions will be on sale for those interested.
We are excited for our 8th Grade Formal on May 5th from 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm. This is always one of the highlights of the 8th grade year!
Cheerleading tryouts will be on May 10th. A current physical is required to tryout.
Veterans Memorial will host a 5th Grade Transition Night for all upcoming 6th grade families. This will give families an opportunity to pre register, tour the school, meet the staff, and ask any questions before the summer.
The VMMS Choir will hold their final concert of the 2022 -2023 school year on May 18th at Northside High School. This will be an evening you do not want to miss! Trust us.
6th and 7th Grade End of the Year Awards will take place on May 19th in the VMMS Cafeteria. Award ceremonies are by invitation only. Invitations will go out the week of May 8th - May 12th.
8th Grade's Award Ceremony will take place on May 22nd at 6:00 pm @ Cascade Hills Church. Awards ceremonies are invitation only. Invitations will go home the week of May 8th - May 12th for students receiving an award.
MCSD's Summer Learning Experience registration is open and available to all students.
Online Registration for the 2023 -2024 school year is now available. We highly encourage parents to complete online registration prior to summer. We use online registration to conduct pre registration of classes. If you have questions or need assistance please contact the school at (706) 748-3203.
- Stay informed of important information and upcoming events through our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/vmmsrangers , Instagram page @vmms_rangers, and school website http://sites.muscogee.k12.ga.us/vmms/
- Have your child read a minimum of 20 minutes of night. Literacy is vital in education.
- Please make sure your student has the basic school supplies (paper, pencils, and notebooks).
- Please make sure your student is charging their Chromebook every night before the next day.
- FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) takes place on Mondays and Wednesdays in room 705 from 8:00 am - 8:35 am. All students are welcome to attend.
- If you are making changes in your student's mode of transportation please contact the front office by 3:00 pm. If the front office is not notified, students will go home as noted previously.
- Veterans Memorial's Bell Schedule is from 8:50 am - 3:50 pm
- Students can not be checked out after 3:15 pm
- Students can enter the school starting at 8:20 am
- Students who arrive after 8:49 am must sign in at the front office. Students without an adult will be marked as an unexcused tardy.
- Students need to be picked up by 4:15 pm
- All bookbags must be clear or mesh for students.
Follow us on Instagram to stay up to date on all things Veterans Memorial. Our official Instagram account can be found by searching for @vmms_rangers.
Rangers Lead the Way!
GREAT HAPPENS HERE!
Website - http://sites.muscogee.k12.ga.us/vmms/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/vmmsrangers
Veterans Memorial Middle School - (706) 748-3203
Mr. Ogburn, Principal - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Sanders, Assistant Principal - email@example.com
Mrs. Wright, Counselor - firstname.lastname@example.org