Silver Gate Elementary
Week of May 3, 2021
Another wonderful week at Silver Gate. Thank you parents for getting your students to school on time and thank you for having such great kids. The students have been doing an amazing job, and they are so excited to be back with their friends and teachers. It's also been nice seeing how our teachers have been including our online learners in their classroom communities. We are all so happy to be back together!
This week is also Staff Appreciation Week! I could not be more proud of our staff and all that they do everyday to make Silver Gate such an incredible place to be. Thank you FSG our foundation for providing a nice meal for our teachers on Thursday, May 6.
Finally, there are two important surveys in this week's newsletter; our Silver Gate 2021/22 Enrollment Survey and the California Healthy Kids Parent Survey. Please take a moment to fill out each survey as the information is important as we make plans for next year.
DROP OFF SAFETY
If your drop off is on Catalina, please pull forward, drop your student off, and continue down Catalina. You do not need to park and walk your student up. We have staff present to make sure your child gets up the ramp safely. We need to keep the flow of cars moving so people do not double park to drop students off. It is not safe. Thank you for doing your part to ensure the safety of all our Silver Gate students.
PLANNING FOR FALL 2021
- San Diego Unified is planning for a full return to full-day, in-person learning, five days a week, for the 2021-22 school year, beginning in August of 2021. Our fall programming will not include a hybrid model for students and our educators will not be required to simultaneously teach both our onsite instructional model and our online instructional model.
- The District is in the process of developing a robust online learning program for students who will choose an online instructional model. Therefore, we will be able to accommodate students and families who choose to remain at home based on health and safety needs and students and families with sensitive medical needs.
Lost and Found Items!
CALIFORNIA HEALTHY KIDS SURVEY!
Annually, our school takes part in the California Healthy Kids Survey. This important survey goes out to our families, 4th grade students, and staff. This survey is an opportunity for our Silver Gate community to give valuable feedback to our school about how you all feel about Silver Gate. It also gives us information on how we can improve as a school. Families, please take a moment to complete the survey linked in the button below. Thank you for taking the time to do this!
This year, the following are recommended participation goals for 2020-2021:
- California Healthy Kids Survey: 80-85% (4th graders will take survey with parent permission)
- California Staff Survey: 60%
- California Parent Survey: 40%
The data collected was a useful information for the the National Blue Ribbon Application.
Thank you for your help on this survey!
FROM OUR GARDEN GALS!
Summer Learning Opportunities
Are you interested in having your child attend summer school...or some extended social activities? It will be a 4 week program staring June 21st.
Click here to read SDUSD press release: https://www.sandiegounified.org/about/newscenter/all_news/new_summer_learning_program
Click here to sign up to receive more information: https://levelupsandiego.org/
Absent due to Sickness....
Do you have health questions?
Clearpass QR Code
All students entering campus are required to complete a health screening every day. This can be done by filling out a paper form or by using the ClearPass Health App. You can add ClearPass to your phone's home screen and complete your Daily Student Check-In on your phone. It’s easy, just log in via your organization, use your child’s district ID and password, and answer the yes or no questions. If you get the “You are safe to go to school” screen, take a screenshot and show it to whomever checks your child in. Save even more time and send it to your teacher via email or Konstella before you bring your child to school!
COVID TESTING FOR STUDENTS
Covid Testing for students is optional and highly encouraged.
Below please find instructions on how students can sign up for testing.
Testing information for Students:
1. From a Computer or Smartphone: Go to the link below for your child's school and pick a time slot (these time slots are general and won’t be held to exact time). Please complete the registration for your child for that appointment time.
2. Complete the following 2 forms for your child and return to the Health Office at your child's school (you may also pick up these forms at your child's school):
Consent Form (English) | Consent Form (Spanish)
Release of Information Form (English) | Release of Information Form (Spanish)
3. 24 Hours prior to the testing date, you will receive an email from UCSD to sign up for a MyChart account. This account will have your child's COVID-19 testing results.
4. COVID testing dates: 5/10, 5/24, 6/7.
SDUSD Virtual Calming Room, created by the Counseling and Guidance Department. This has been created to be a safe space where students and families can find various tools to help with managing their emotions, feelings, and stress.
Announce your child's birthday on our school marquee. Click Here for More Details.