March Special Area Update
Oaks Chesterbrook Academy Elementary
- Junior Kindergarten students were working in Golly Gee Blocks to "build" pictures related to letters of the alphabet
- Kindergarten students have been formatting text in MaxWrite and created a spring poster
- 1st Graders wrote and formatted poems about themselves, including a photo of themselves
- 2nd Graders really "measured up" by creating graphs of their heights in inches and centimeters. They then compared the patterns found in both of those graphs
- 3rd Graders have been creating "How To" movies in iMovie on iPads
- 4th Graders studied the probability involved in rolling a number cube, created a graph of their experiment results in Numbers on the iPad, and blogged about it in Kidblog
- 5th Graders have been working in Kidblog, and creating iMovies about Pi Day
Junior Kindergarten has been learning about farm animals, zoo animals, and spring words.
Kindergarten has been learning about body parts and clothing.
1st Grade has been learning about the 5 senses, body parts, and clothing.
2nd Grade has been learning about singular/plural and masculine/feminine words.
3rd Grade has been learning about body and clothing.
4th Grade has been working on their daily routine project.
5th Grade has been learning about ownership and is working on a project of creating a land.
JK: The Junior Kindergarten students finished a unit on traffic safety. They learned the importance of stopping, looking and listening before crossing the street.
K: The Kindergarten students finished a unit on Safety While Playing. Throughout the unit the students learned about crossing the street safely, stranger danger, water safety and the importance of following safety rules during physical activities.
1st: The First grade students finished a unit on Being Safe. Throughout the unit the students learned about home and school safety, car and bus safety, staying safe while walking and biking and fire safety.
2nd: The second grade students finished a unit on Avoiding Danger. Throughout the unit the students learned about fire safety, staying safe from weapons, staying safe from poisons and stranger safety.
3rd: The third grade students finished a unit on Keeping Safe. Throughout the unit the students learned about being responsible for one’s safety, stranger danger and bulling.
4th: The fourth grade students started a unit on Fitness and Activity. Thus far they have learned about the importance of good posture and the importance of various physical activities such as aerobic and anaerobic exercise.
5th: The fifth grade students just finished using the ipads to research and discover various health related information from www.kidshealth.org.
Jk-5th: This past month the students took part in various activities to help better their team building skill, space awareness, overhand/underhand throwing and catching.
2. Mat Tag
3. Musical hoops
All of our students have been hard at work in Art class! Stay tuned for more updates!
This month in music class our students began preparing for our spring musicals and concerts.
Junior Kindergarten learned to play on a turntable, and learned the song Monkey, Monkey and Thank You. Kindergarten students also had a chance to play on the turntable as well as learned many of their songs fro their spring musical called “The Tears of the Dragon”.