Raureka School Term 1 Week 3
Newsletter 16 February 2022
Kia ora koutou katoa, Talofa lava, Kia orana,
We finished today at 12:30 so we could have a chance to meet with parents on a one to basis to find out the tamariki and see how we can best help them.
All classes use Seesaw at school to support learning, log on details have been shared with families. Please remember to log on to Seesaw as this will give you access to work online for the class, you also get to see what they are doing in class- teachers often share some of the great things they are doing in class.
We are moving into the Phase 2 of the Covid response plan- please make sure that if your child is sick please keep them home and if they have Covid like symptoms please get them tested.
As soon as I get the most up to date information from the Ministry of Education I will share it with you all.
We require email addresses for both parents. Would you please email the office on firstname.lastname@example.org - include your child's name and both email addresses please.
If this could be done as soon as possible, it would be greatly appreciated.
Some parents use the same email address - if that is the case please let us know. Thank you.
After School Care Job Vacancies
We are looking for awesome people to join our team for After School Care & Holiday Programme Assistants & a Supervisor amongst our 4 centre programmes.
Schedules would work nicely when paired together with Teacher Aide Hours.
You would be helping to deliver a variety of fun, exciting and engaging activities to children and young people, and if you have specific skills in things such as sports, outdoors activities, dance, drama, craft etc, even better!
If you love working with young children and want to work with fabulous people in a great team environment, get in touch NOW!
Julie Field - 0275447539 - www.kascare.co.nz
Work at School
The masks will only be worn inside the room.
Parents are to supply the masks as the Ministry of Education don't.
Thank you for helping keep everyone safe.
Our four values are :
Respect/Whakaute, Responsibility/Haepapa, Resilience/Pakari, Relationships/Whanaungatanga.
This week we are focusing on - Respect/Whakaute - which means: believe in yourself, value the feelings and rights of others and show regard for the environment.
The expected behaviour during this week is: use manners
The following children received awards at our last assembly:
R1 Mykah Muir, R2 Azaria Wilkins-Chadwick, R3 Meelah-Rose Hema, R4 Manahi Kingi,
R5 Ben Burkin, R7 Lachlan McDonough, R8 Cataleya Mahia, R11 Jade Ngaronoa, R12 Luca Singer, R14 Sopi Taa, R15 Layla Olsen, R19 Hunter MacGregor-Calder, R20 Harlow Smith ,
R21 Zendaeya Wilkins-Chadwick.
R21 - What have you got to share with us today?
- Wednesday 16th February- School Closes at 12:30 for Meet the Teacher Interviews from 1:00 until 6:20
- Friday 1 April School Closed for Teacher Only Day
- Thursday 14 April- Last Day of Term
- Friday 15 April Good Friday
- Monday 2 May- Start of Term 2
- Monday 6 June Queens Birthday
- Monday 20 June School Closed Teacher Only Day
- Monday 4 School closes 12:30 for Three Way Conferences
- Tuesday 5 July Three Way Conferences
- Friday 8 July End of Term 2
- Monday 25 July Start of Term 3
- Friday 30 September End of term 3
- Monday 17 October Start of Term 4
- Friday 21 October Hawke's Bay Anniversary Day
- Monday 24 October Labour Day- no school
- Monday 21 November Teacher Only Day
- Friday 16 December Last Day of Year
School Uniform – this is compulsory. No exceptions.
All children are required to have the school royal blue polo-shirt, royal blue hat, and on colder days the royal blue polar fleece jersey. All of these are available at the school office.
The lower half of the uniform (short, longs, skorts, skirts) must be plain black and can be purchased in town No stripes, no flowers etc, can
be purchased in town.
· Do your child’s records need updating?
- moved house?
- phone/cellphone numbers changed?
- living arrangements changed?
- emergency contacts changed?
- medical details?
IMPORTANT: Children are NOT to carry any form of medication in their bags etc. All medication must be held in the office. Parents must complete a Medical Form to enable staff to administer medication.
We often have a few ‘bugs’ around the school.
· A common one is a nasty cough/flu type illness. Keep your children home if they have symptoms of this as it spreads easily.
· If your child has had vomiting or diarrhoea, they MUST stay home for 2 days after the last event. This illness definitely spreads quickly around the school.
· Headlice are always around so make sure that you check your child’s hair regularly (we suggest weekly) and treat the hair if necessary. We have treatments available from school for free. Just pop in and we can give you some.
· If your child is at all unwell, please keep them home so that they don’t pass bugs on to other children. Also if a child is feeling unwell they are not able to learn easily and are much better off at home snuggled up in bed.
Don’t forget to contact the school office to let us know when your child is unwell please.
Volunteers needed for supervision of our school patrollers.
The children are well trained, it is just a matter of having an adult supervise from 8.30-9.00. Please contact Chris in the school office if your are able to help (even if you have helped in the past, please confirm).
Location: Raureka School Gordon Road, Raureka, Hastings 4120, New Zealand
Phone: +64 6 878 9766