Gallatin High Update
Week of May 29-June 3, 2023
It was a big weekend for Raptor athletics with two new state championships, two additional podium finishes, and numerous individual and All State performances.
Boys Track - State Champions
Girls Track - Second place
Boys Tennis - State Champions
Girls Tennis - Third Place
Girls 1st place - 4x400M relay
Guitar club continues work on their guitars
Senior Graduation Yard Signs
Key Club is happy to announce they are once again selling signs for GHS graduates. Signs are $20 and can be paid via cash or check made out to Gallatin High School. To register your graduating senior, please add your name and graduate’s name at this link. Payment and pick up will be at GHS on Fridays, starting May 5th, May 12th and May 19th at lunch in the commons.
For further questions or additional information please contact Key Club faculty advisor, Joe Kusak, at Joe.email@example.com or (406) 522-4235
Thank you to all of the parents who donated prizes for the Senior Launch!
The Week Ahead
Monday, May 29
- No School - Memorial Day
Tuesday, May 30
Biomed completion ceremony, 5th period, GHS auditorium
Wednesday, May 31
- Seniors last day of classes
- Senior sunset, 8:45pm
Thursday, June 1
- Regular classes for grades 9-11
- Senior breakfast, 8:30-10:00
- Senior Send Off Assembly, 10-11:00am - assembly schedule found here
- Graduation practice, 12:00pm, MSU Fieldhouse
Friday, June 2
- Regular classes for grades 9-11
- Senior Beach bash, 10am-2pm, Bozeman Beach
- CJMS Track meet at the GHS track
Saturday, June 3
- Graduation, 10:00am, MSU Fieldhouse
- June 6-8 - Final exams, schedule here
Keep in mind for the future:
- Summer sports camp info available on BSD7 Activities page
- August 10 - First day of golf practice
- August 11 - Fall sports begin
- Be sure you are getting your physical done in July or August if you hope to play fall sports!
Senior choir students recognized at their concert last week.
Senior orchestra students recognized at their final concert last week.
Senior band students recognized at their final concert last week.
- The district facilities office will be working with the City of Bozeman and a consulting group specializing in traffic flow to do an analysis of our campus to see if we can create any greater efficiencies.
- Improved signage for visitor and traveling teacher parking and traffic flow.
- Sidewalk expansion in the walkway from the west lot to the west entrance of A wing.
- Sidewalk expansion in the south walk from the handicap parking and bike rack area.
- Sidewalk repair on the east entrance near the music classrooms.
We are also planning to give parking passes to seniors and juniors and require sophomores to park off campus. If you have any questions or any other ideas, please reach out.
Students in Mr. Shaw's Biology class dissect squid.
Summer Lunch Program
Summer should be a stress-free time for parents and kids. Let HRDC’s Summer Meal Program help. The Summer Meals Program is available all summer long, Monday-Friday at various times around the lunch hour!
Lunches are free to ALL kids and teens 18 and under.
Text “food” or “comida” to 304 304 for a site near you or visit gallatinvalleyfoodbank.org
Groundbreaking for the Student Democracy Project. Over the next two years, we will install a student designed garden space.
Bozeman Community Center Update
A few weeks ago, the City of Bozeman held an Open House at Gallatin High to update community members about plans for the proposed west side Community Center. There was a great turnout and lots of rich conversations with residents of all ages.
These concept designs are based off of community feedback from the nearly 1,400 survey responses we received and hundreds of attendees at in person and virtual events and meetings we held with folks across the community. You can check out the concept designs at the link above at your convenience.
Next steps for the project are to develop cost models and the language that will go before voters in the November 2023 election. Stay tuned for more information as we move from community engagement to voter education ahead of the election!
You can stay up to date on the proposal by visiting this page or subscribing for updates.