Get There In One Piece
Safe Driving Tips and Resources
Whatever the cause, the results are clear. In 2010, nearly 3100 people were killed as a result of distracted driving and nearly 420,000 others were injured.
Poor Road Conditions
In fact, a 2009 study found that road conditins were a factor in 22,000 fatalities and cost $217.5 billion each year.
It sounds bad, but luckily there are a few things you can do to lower your risk of being involved in an accident.
Safe Driving Tips
2. DON'T drink and drive.
3. DO get plenty of rest and pull over if you are tired.
4. DO buckle up. Not wearing a seatbelt is a sure way to turn a non fatal accident into a fatal one.
5. DO obey the speed limit.
6. DO assume that other drivers don't see you. Drive defensively.
7. DO use your signal for every turn and lane change.
8. DON'T follow other cars too closely.
9. DO keep up with your vehicle's maintenance.
10. DO be extra careful in bad weather.