2nd Quarter Report Cards Viewable Tonight!
- TEESO goes live next Monday to schedule our last round of Parent/Teacher Conferences! Please be sure to sign up! (If you are unable to make any of the scheduled dates/times please let us know and we will certainly find another time to discuss your child's progress!
- Next Friday February 5th is TWIN DAY & Early Release!
- Yearbook Money due Monday!
This week in 4th grade...
Forest Glen Spring Carnival Needs Your Help!
Spring Carnival is quickly approaching on Friday, March 11th. It provides an evening of fun and games for all the families of Forest Glen. There are games, raffles, a silent auction, a bouncer, and a pizza dinner - all at family friendly prices! However, in order for this evening to happen, much work must be done. The carnival committee is looking for help in various ways. If you are interested in helping in any of the following areas, please contact Kathy Schommer at firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be a general call for volunteers to work the carnival coming in the next few weeks. Please consider volunteering in some way - it takes more than 100 people working a few hours that night to make the carnival a success. Our immediate needs are:
- DONATION COORDINATOR: We are in desperate need of someone who is spreadsheet savvy to coordinate the donations as they come in, field questions about donation pick-up/drop-off, and merge a thank you letter to the database of donors. A majority of this work is completed before the carnival and can be done mostly from home.
- Veil/crown assembly: headpieces are sold at carnival as part of the fundraiser. They are made from wire garland and curling ribbon. We are looking for two or three people who would be willing to work on assembling these at home in the next month. All supplies and directions will be given.
- Facepainting: This has always been a big draw at the carnival. We are looking to increase the number of face painting stations at the carnival. We are looking for those with a talent in this area who would be willing to volunteer their time and talent the evening of the carnival.
- Shamrock Search: We are looking for someone to coordinate the "Shamrock Search" this year. This is an activity where every student receives a shamrock in school before the carnival. At the carnival, these shamrocks are turned in for prizes based on the marking on the shamrock. The coordinator would complete the marking and distribution of the shamrocks along with the prize selection.
- Raffle/Silent Auction: We are looking for someone to coordinate the tables and basket listings for the raffle and silent auction. This person would also supervise item pick-up and check-out.
Thank you for considering this request - many hands make light work!