Turner Back to School 22 - 23
Turner Families - We are looking forward to the 22 - 23 school year! In this newsletter, you will find information you need to know for the start of the school year. Should you have questions or need further assistance, please call our district office at 913-288-4100 or your child's school.
Back-to-school forms (Parent Acknowledgements) are now in the Infinite Campus Parent Portal. The forms need to be reviewed and signed with an electronic signature.
To complete the forms:
1. Login in to the Parent Portal.
2. On navigation bar on the left, click on "Documents". If the left hand navigation bar does not appear, click on the three lines in the top corner to make it appear.
3. At the bottom of the page, under the heading Teacher you will see the following forms listed. You will need to click on "Needs Attention" and read and sign each form.
Meal Benefit Information
Title I Compact (Grades PK - 6)
ESI Acknowledgement Form
Technology Use Agreement
iPad Home Agreement (Grade 6)
Home Usage MacBook (Grades 7-12)
Communities that Care Permission
4. When it is complete, it will read "Signed & Pending".
Parents must have all parent acknowledgement forms completed by August 31, 2022. Students with all forms completed will receive a prize from their principal the first week of school.
REQUIRED CHILDHOOD IMMUNIZATIONS
IMPORTANT UPDATES FROM TRANSPORTATION
TUSD Transportation is ready to provide a great experience for our families and riders this school year. We are proud to share that TUSD Transportation passed the state school bus safety audit with full points in all areas! Bus route assignment happens as enrollment comes in through the month of July, so please wait to call with route questions until August 3rd, which is also when routes will be available in Ride 360. TUSD Transportation will also have staff members at the building back to school nights in August for parents who have questions. You can contact TUSD Transportation at 913-288-3700.
22 - 23 Important Changes to Bus Routes & Policies
As you may be aware, there is a national shortage in the labor market, especially among drivers. USD 202 has been impacted by this shortage, and despite offering incentives such as increased pay rates, attendance incentives, and a retention bonus, we are finding it difficult to hire and maintain bus drivers.
The state law requires and only provides funding for school districts to transport students that live more than 2.5 miles away from their school. USD 202 has chosen to provide free transportation to all students, including those living within 2.5 miles of their school. To be able to continue to offer transportation for all students in the upcoming year, we will have to make changes to our level of service. Students will be asked to walk farther than they previously have to the nearest bus stop. Please be sure to check your child's stop location in the Ride360 app when it is available in August. We will also remove students from routes after two weeks if they do not consistently ride either to or from school on the bus. A student’s bus service may be reinstated at any time, but it will take up to 3-5 days to get them routed on a bus.
How to Register & Use Ride 360
TUSD Transportation is looking forward to another year with the Ride 360 bus routing program. Parents who have not yet downloaded and registered for the Ride 360 app are encouraged to do so before the school year begins.Ride 360 allows parents/guardians to see information about their student's route, including estimated time the bus will arrive and where on the route the bus currently is. To access bus route information, families will need to set up an account on Ride 360. To sign up, follow the instructions below:
1. Go to the Turner Traversa website or download the Traversa Ride 360 app on your mobile device.
2. Search for Turner USD 202 KCK.
3. Click the REGISTER button.
4. After registering, you will receive an email confirmation. You will need to confirm the email before you can continue with the registration process. Once you confirm the email, go back to the app or website and login.
5. Add your child by going to MY STUDENTS and selecting the PLUS (+) button. This will present the "Find a Student" screen.
6. Enter your child's student number. Your student knows it as their long number. This number is available in the Infinite Campus parent portal, simply click on today when you login. You will need to enter the grade number as two digits. For example, a second grader, would be entered as 02. Repeat this step to find additional students.
INTRODUCING OUR REDESIGNED DISTRICT WEBSITE
This summer, our district website redesign was launched! The website has a different look, but the locations of where to find information are similar to the previous website. There are minor changes for where to access parent resources - you can now find those resources by clicking on the gold "Parent" link in the header. Additionally, we have added a navigation bar at the top of every webpage that contains links to the most visited pages: calendar, Parent Portal, and Schoology.
Our goal with the website redesign was to create a clean look with information that was easy to locate. We hope you enjoy the new user experience. The domain name for the website will remain the same: www.TurnerUSD202.org.
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE ABOUT TURNER'S EARLY CHILDHOOD PROGRAM? CLICK BELOW!
PARENT COMMUNICATION SURVEY
Help us better understand how you prefer to get updates and information from the district and schools by taking the short survey linked below!