CVE Friday Flash
September 29, 2023
Mr. Macken's Message
I wanted to send a friendly reminder about the upcoming Parent-Teacher Conferences at school. We are striving for 100 percent participation from all parents because your presence at these conferences is truly invaluable. It enables us to collaborate with you to support our child's growth and address any concerns or questions that may arise.
Just a quick recap of the details:
- Conferences will be held on October 10th and 12th, from 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
- Registration closes on Monday, October 9th, at 7:00 AM.
- To register, please click the following link or the one provided below.
If you have any questions or require assistance with the registration process, please don't hesitate to reach out to the main office at 763-792-5800. They are more than willing to assist you with any questions or issues you may encounter.
Dates to Remember
- Oct 9: Conference registration closes at 7AM
- Oct 9: No School for Students / Teacher Workshop Day
- Oct 10: Parent / Teacher Conference 4-8PM (In-Person)
- Oct 12: Parent / Teacher Conference 4-8PM (In-Person)
- Oct 24: Picture Re-Takes (Starting at 9:15AM until complete)
The 2023-24 Centerville Elementary Calendar is on our school’s website at https://centerville.isd12.org/ under the Parent Hub. Here you will also find the 2023-2024 District Student Calendar and the 2023-2024 Elementary Student Letter Day Calendar.
Check out the CVE TV Slides HERE to see what is happening at CVE!
Parent Drop Off / Pick Up: New Traffic Pattern
If you pick up or drop off your child at school, please help us by filling in both lanes coming off of Main Street and then zipper merging after the last driveway without blocking the driveways.
Check out the visual HERE.
Parent / Teacher Conferences
Follow this link to the MyConferenceTime online platform to sign up for conferences. Registration will close Monday, October 9th at 7AM.
Conference Dates (both dates will be In-Person):
- Tuesday, October 10th
- Thursday, October 12th
- MyConferenceTime Registration Link: https://myconferencetime.com/cve
- Help with signing up: https://www.myconferencetime.com/info/help/video-how-to-sign-up/
- Canceling a conference: https://myconferencetime.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/48000236886-cancel-a-registration
Volunteer Spotlight: Katey SImonson
Why did you decide to volunteer? I always knew I wanted to support the school through volunteering and the PTA had leadership needs that they were looking to fill. While I hadn't intended to jump into a Board position, I am grateful for the experience and the opportunity to help the organization grow.
What is your favorite part about volunteering? The kids. The parents. The staff. I love to be at the school and see my kids "in the wild". Over the past 2 years, we have worked to build an inclusive PTA community and our kids are a big part of that. We love nothing more than having our kids working at PTA sponsored events side by side with their grown ups.
Interested in volunteering? Sign up HERE!!
Classroom and Field Trip Money
- All contributions for classroom and field trips are made online in the parent portal.
- Follow THESE easy directions to make a contribution to either your student's classroom for fun activities throughout the year or field trips that classes will take.
- More information on classroom money and field trips will be shared by teachers during Parent Information nights.
Centerville Parent Teacher Association
The CVE Spirit Wear Store is OPEN!
- Thank you to everyone who voted on the new logo on Facebook. We have a ton of new items in our spirit store!
- Click here to shop: https://centervillemn.memberhub.com/w/spiritstore
- Use the code shiptoschool at checkout to have your items delivered to your child’s classroom
- Hijabs will be available in the next couple of weeks.
Fall Book Fair – Save the Date!
- The Fall Book Fair will be open from 10/10 through 10/13, including shopping hours during conferences.
- You can volunteer for a shift at the registers now: https://signup.com/group/6570074201418280103
Check out the CPTA Website for more information.
Cougar Club Winners
We are so proud of the way these students show the 4 R’s each and every day!
Make trips to the library an enriching part of your family’s school year routine
• Books related to things your child is learning about in school.
• Biographies about inspirational people.
• Graphic novels and comics.
• Magazines and newspapers.
• Books that are slightly above your child’s reading level to read together.
• Poetry collections.
• Nonfiction texts about your child’s interests and hobbies
Buy Your Yearbook Now!
Get an early bird discount using this link now! You don’t want to miss out on this special opportunity!
CALLING ALL PARENTS!
- We are looking for the first day of school pictures of students! These pictures can be by themselves or with a group (at the bus stop, carpool lane, or at home!) The more pictures the better!! 🙂
- Here is the link to submit pictures!
Power Pack Supports Families
Oct. 6- Mini Cougar Cheer Clinic (gr. 1-5)
Oct. 8- Skyhawks Pickleball (ages 5-11)
Skyhawks Basketball Camp (ages 6-12)
Oct. 9- DASH Multi-Sport Non-School Day Camp (gr. K-5)
DASH After School Soccer (gr. 2-5)
Oct. 14- Canvas Fun: Pumpkins & Glow (gr. K-5)
Oct. 19- Ninja Day Camp (ages 6-13)
DASH Multi-Sport Non-School Day Camp (gr. K-5)
Oct. 28- Halloween Hustle 5K (all ages/family)
Skyhawks Flag Football (ages 5-10)
Oct. 29- Cougar Soccer Academy (gr. 6-8)
Go online to view all activities and to register, communityed.isd12.org.
Welcome to the Digital Backpack, the district’s central posting place for community flyers. If you have questions regarding these programs, please contact the organizations directly. View the Digital Backpack online.
MN Wild Educator’s Appreciation Night
Make a Difference and Substitute in our Schools!
Don’t miss this chance to get involved and make a difference in the Centennial School District! No experience necessary; training provided!
This is a great opportunity to:
- Be involved in your child’s education and help out in the schools.
- Turn your volunteer hours into extra income.
- Work a schedule that fits with your student’s schedule.
- Get paid weekly and take advantage of bonus opportunities.
• Substitute Teachers (To qualify, you must have bachelor’s degree with MN Teaching or Substitute License; you can obtain a Short Call License if you have a bachelor’s degree.)
• Substitute Paraprofessionals (To qualify, you must have a HS Diploma/GED.)
Apply at teachersoncall.com; 800-713-4439
Substitutes are also needed for Kids Club, food service, custodial, administrative assistants, and nurses. More information can be found on the Centennial website.
The district has created a uniform Elementary Handbook with policies and procedures which can be found on Centerville's website https://centerville.isd12.org/ under the parent hub/parent tools. You may also request a hard copy through the office or your child’s classroom teacher.