Jeffries Weekly Update
May 2-6 2016
This Week's Events:
Sunday, May 1- Teachers (on cycle)- Summative Evaluations due; EVERYONE must go in and enter EOY Growth Plan scores with EOY summary- email Liz when done (DUE TODAY)!; Happy Birthday, Karen Harvey; Master Schedule Feedback due today (see form/link below).
Monday, May 2-May 6- Teacher Appreciation Week; Buy One Get One Free Book Fair
Monday, May 2- 3rd grade students go to the Cardinals game 9-1:30PM;
Ridgecrest Baptist Church provides lunch for T.A.W. (Teacher Appreciation Week)- Conference Room.
Tuesday, May 3- Jaguar Junction (last one for the year); Donuts provided by Ron Vandever for T.A.W.; Domino's Pizza Lunch provided for T.A.W.; Afternoon snacks provided by Julie K. from Horace Mann Insurance (1:30PM-on); Watch DOG: Damon Bess; Your Sonic Drink order (Teachers) are due to Liz before you leave (for Thursday!).
Wednesday, May 4- Watch DOG: Scott Nobles; Liz attends District PTA Mtg. 9-10:30AM; SPS R-12 Kindergarten Round-Up (2016-2017 K Students) at 6:30PM at Jeffries.
Thursday, May 5- TST 7:45-8:30AM; Throwback Thursday; Chick Fil A breakfast provided for T.A.W.; Megan Taylor's wedding shower (4PM); Liz provides Sonic drinks for teachers! Send down traveling trophies to Liz's office for Leadership Assembly tomorrow!
Jeffries PTA Executive Mtg. 6:30PM (APR)
Friday, May 6- Leadership Assembly (9:30AM)- last one for dog tags for the year; attendance trophies, etc.; Jeffries PTA provides lunch for T.A.W.; Jeffries PTA Paradise Island Luau 6:30-8:00PM (Gym)- dance, photo booth with pics to purchase; tattoos or face painting to purchase, and le's to purchase. Snacks provided. Please plan to attend!
Monday, May 9- Watch DOG: Justin Lawson; last fire drill; Teacher Request Forms due
Tuesday, May 10- 4th Grade Field Trip to the Frontier Theatre (approx. 9-2:30PM); Ronald McDonald "On the Inside" assembly for K-2 (1:00PM);
Faculty Mtg./Professional Learning from 4-5PM
Wednesday, May 11- Liz out all day (Principal Meetings)- Rachelle Certain is Teacher in Charge all day (sub. provided); All City Orchestra Concert at Glendale H.S. 7PM;
School Nurse Appreciation Day; McKenzie Boatright's Babies Shower (boy/girl twins!) 4:00PM in the Library
Thursday, May 12- Character Ed./Goal Setting Assembly with Real Encounter 9:30AM (outside if the weather is nice for K-5; in the gym if raining); Watch DOG: Brandon Essary.
Friday, May 13- Field Day; Class lists due to Liz;
Watch DOGS: Steve Hanson & Cicero VanZandt
Saturday, May 14- Ridgecrest presents: Jeffries Family Day (with Real Encounter)
10-12PM on the Jeffries Playground (free event for all).
Tuesday, May 17- End of the Year Celebration Assembly (K-5)- 9:30AM & Perfect Attendance Lunch/Limo to Incredible Pizza (tentative) with Dr. Cooper;
Watch DOG: Ted Nickel & Damon Bess
Wednesday, May 18- Talent Show 9:30AM; Kindergarten Graduation 1:00PM (Gym)
Thursday, May 19- Last day of School; 5th Grade Graduation (11AM for 5th grade students and their parents only).
Friday, May 20- All staff should have their room closed out for the summer by 4:00PM. Those who are moving rooms should have all items packed or labeled to where they should be moved to.
Visit Jeffries' Art Work!
You are invited to see featured artwork from our Jeffries students at the annual All-School Art Exhibit!
The exhibit is on display at the Springfield Art Museum, 1111 E Brookside, from Sunday, March 20 to Sunday, May 8!
Museum hours are:
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday 9:00-5:00
As always, admission is FREE!
We are on the MOVE!
Moves Over the Summer (updated 4-15-16- tentative)
Music will be in the current Computer Lab.
Trisha Baugh will be moving into Rm. 111 (currently Coughenour’s Rm.)
Tiffany Coughenour will be moving into Rm. 112 (currently King’s Rm.)
Tracy Livingston will be moving into Rm. 114 (currently Baugh’s Rm.)
Madeline Whitaker will be moving into Rm. 118 (currently Taylor’s Rm.)
Dody McDaniel will be moving into Office/Rm. 115 (currently Livingston’s Rm.)
- Jana Payne will be moving into Office/Rm. 131 (currently McDaniel’s Rm.)
- Julie Allen will be moving into Rm. 116 (currently Heckert's Rm.)
- Bethany Hubbell will be moving into Rm. 105 (Currently J. Allen's Rm.)
11. Megan Sheets will move into Rm. 102 (Sparkman's Rm.)
2016-2017 Recommendations for Class Placements (from teachers)
Do not work on them prior to Teacher Requests forms, etc. are in! Due Fri., May 6
I am anticipating having tentative teaching assignments in place by April 25.
Teacher Requests forms will be available from May 2-5th; due May 6.
Class Recommendation Lists need to be completed the week of May 9.
Due Friday, May 13 to Liz Cooper. Include Dody (ELL) & SPED for placement needs.
Model Classroom Observations (Part of IGNiTE Expectations- Year 2 Deployment)
IGNiTE Model Classroom Updates- Julie, Bethany & Tabitha
All Teachers Sign Up for an Observation Time! (Note: Dates/times subject to change)
End of the Year- I NEED YOUR HELP!
EOY Highlights/Celebration Video- everyone who has a celebration that we can highlight (Donor’s Choose projects awarded; Imagine SPS Grant awarded; Master’s degrees obtained; fun field trips you took; IGNiTE model classrooms; clubs you had this year; etc.)
Click on this Google Slides and insert your info. on the slide- title, pictures, info. about celebration. DUE: May 1!
These will be shown prior to major big events (EOY assembly; Talent Show; Graduation; etc.)
2. EOY Assembly Video- LEARN*LIVE*LEAD Together (showcasing ALL teachers and ALL students)- In the past, I have put together this video to show at the end of the year assembly (which will be on Tuesday, May 17). I need your help. Please click on this Google Slide presentation and upload pictures so that ALL of your students are included. If you have some staff pictures that you would like to include as well, that would be great! Each teacher can have 1-5 slides. Don’t worry about media release blocks as we are not releasing this video to anyone else- it is for school use only.DUE: May 10!
Everyone needs to go in and do their self reflection on their 3 goals. Please refer to the Help tab (in TOWER), and click on the Growth Guide to know what each # stands on (so you know what number reflects your Growth this year. Write in under EOY Reflection on things you have done this year to grow in these areas.
Email Liz when you are done so she can go in and finalize.
- Next year, we will have 2.2, 6.4 & ? (TBD) for next year’s Growth Plan.
Springfield Teachers Cardinals Baseball Night!
· Calling all Teachers! The ever popular IPA Educational Teacher Night is back! Join us on May 27th for a celebration of Teachers, Friday Night Fireworks, and Cardinals Baseball! Teacher Night packages will be $15. This includes a chair back seat and a Teacher/Cardinals themed t-shirt. Any additional tickets for family and friends are $11. All groups that order 20 or more tickets together will receive a Voucher for a free red Cardinals cap. Teacher Night will go on sale on April 18th at 9:00am, so get your groups organized and don’t miss this awesome night at the ballpark. All orders must be placed by May 6th! Please contact Faith at 417-832-3040 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may direct questions to Dan Reiter at email@example.com
Want to Join the Jeffries Group? Sign up here! (refer to Tabitha Eutsler's email)