IR project: The Game
by: Halle Smith
- Zack is a 17 year old boy who goes by Trew Radfield in his final play of "The Game". He had time to play one more game before he turned 18, which was in a few weeks.
- Alexandra attends a rough school after spending all of her credits in the Game. She is offered one free play to turn it all around. She goes by the name Danielle in the Game.
- Raphel and Stephanie are "guardians" that basically check on Trew and Danielle throughout their game life.
- Brandon Strayne is the leader/manager of the Game. He monitors and takes charge of everything.
- Earth setting is in Tygon, a city.
- "Earth" is the game setting.
- Zack finishes a play and prepares for his final play. (He will soon be too old to participate.)
- Zack gets interviewed.
- The rules of the Game are told.
- Zack says he wants to be called "Trew" in the Game. He enters his coma therefore entering the Game.
- For awhile in the Game, he is ranked as the number two player in the world. During this, he meets Danielle on his ninth birthday at a karate tournament.
- Trew and Danielle become best friends.
- The two friends continue their relationship while being miles apart, seeing each other occasionally. They start to date.
- They make a theory, "We all live a one big game simulation. Everyone watches our lives."
Life is a gift. There are happy moments, sad moments, and many moments in between. The earth is full of learning, and everyone will learn things no matter how many chances they are given.
This should be the theme because the main characters go through many good and rough times in the book. Also, characters in the book learn many things in the "simulation" and in the real world. When the children play in the Game, they have multiple chances of success.
"The History of Karate." The History Of Fighting 2014. Web. 16 Jan. 2015.
"Purpose of the Belts." World Martial Arts Center . Web. 16 Jan. 2015. <http://www.wmacenter.com/index.cfm?>.