Sussex Avenue News That You Can Use
December 17th-December 21st
- December 17th is an E day.
- Winter Concert Grades 3 & 4 December 18th @ 10:00 am
- Grade 5 Orchestra, Band, Chorus Winter Concert, December 19th @ 10:00 am
- Winter Break begins with a 4-hour 20-minute session on December 21st
- December 21st-- Spirit Day 5th Grade vs. Teachers Volleyball Game
- School Closed for Winter Break 12/24-1/1. School reopens 1/2/19
- January 7th- Fourth Grade Residency begins
- School Store January 11th- 11:45-1:05 pm
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day- School Closed
- Literacy Fair- January 23rd 6:30-8:00 pm
- Spirit Day- January 25th @2:15
The Security Vestibule is Fully Functional!
If you are entering the building, please buzz in as normal. Ms. Johnson/Ms. Gaudioso will let you in. Once you enter the security vestibule and the door closes, you will need to buzz in again to release the second set of doors. Please pull these doors with some force as they may stick.
Please DO NOT hold the doors open for anyone that is not accompanying you. Each person must go through the process of being buzzed in by the office to ensure everyone's safety.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.
Nurse's Corner- Ms. Ruta
A note about secondhand smoke…
Secondhand smoke is the combination of smoke from the burning end of a cigarette and the smoke breathed out by smokers. It can cause serious health problems in children. Studies show that children whose parents smoke get sick more often and get more bronchitis and pneumonia. Secondhand smoke can also trigger asthma attacks in children with asthma. Children whose parents smoke around them get more ear infections. Parents can help protect their children from secondhand smoke by taking the following actions:
· Do not allow anyone to smoke in or near your home.
· Do not allow anyone to smoke in your car, even with the window down.
· If your state still allows smoking in public areas, look for restaurants and other places that do not allow smoking.