We had so much fun learning different Holiday songs in music class! We couldn't wait to sing them to our families! Some of our favorite songs were "Sabot, Shalom", "Rockin' Old Saint Nicholas" and of course "Jingle Bells"!
We had a lot of fun making milk carton gingerbread houses! We used graham crackers and icing to build the outside of our house. We then decorated our houses with a variety of different candy including starburst, peppermints, six-lets and lifesavers!
Caps for Sale!
We read the story "Caps for Sale" and completed several different activities related to the story. We had a "favorite cap" show and tell, where we brought in our favorite caps and shared them with the class. We even got to wear our caps all day! We created a two color pattern with different caps and stacked them on top of the peddler's head. We also dictated a sentence about what happened in the story!
Caps for Sale!
Junior K2 loves playing with puzzles!
Looking Ahead to January!
- We will begin our unit on the Arctic. We will talk about different animals in the Arctic, igloos, icebergs and Eskimos.
- We will continue to work on three color patterns, measurement, addition/subtraction and numbers. We will begin talking about tens and ones and the numbers above 11-14.
- We will continue talking about the letters of the alphabet (A-N) and their corresponding sounds.
- We will be starting to review the letters starting with A and creating an alphabet book to review our letters. We will also begin writing sentences!
January 18- No School (Martin Luther King Jr. Day)
January 22- End of second marking period!
January 29- Half Day- Parent/Teacher conferences
Mondays- Read a book together!
Wednesdays- sight word practice
Thursdays- Read a book together!
Fridays- Enjoy your weekend :)
We are always working on writing our names, counting, identifying and writing the numbers 1-14. Keep practicing identifying the letters and their corresponding sounds.
Second Quarter Sight Words
- orange, blue, red, green, brown, yellow, black, gray, pink
Number sight words:
Shape sight words:
- oval, circle, square, rectangle, star, heart, triangle
is, word, may, that, and, said, I, with, name, on, see, an, it, look, book, are, color, you, this, yes, no, help, said, jump, have, big, little are sight words in addition to the above words.