Lakeview Family Newsletter ~ Back to School Edition
Prefer to read this in a different language? Click "translate".
¿Prefieres leer esto en otro idioma? Haga clic en "traducir".
Preferoni ta lexoni këtë në një gjuhë tjetër? Klikoni "përkthe".
هل تفضل قراءة هذا بلغة مختلفة؟ انقر فوق "ترجمة".
Welcome to 2021-2022!
Chris Sepersky, principal
Who is my child's teacher? Have you registered?
Registrations should be completed by Thursday, August 19
How to contact Lakeview
Principal - Chris Sepersky
Secretaries - Roxanne Terranova and Jennifer Jende
You may come to Lakeview between 8:00-2:00 on a weekday for assistance
You may find our emails on the Lakeview website.
School Supply List for 2021-22
Calendar for 2021-22 School Year
Open House for all SM elementary schools is Wednesday, August 25th from 5-7 p.m. Please bring school supplies to open house.
The first day of school for 5K-12th grade is Wednesday, September 1st.
4K visitation day (parent attends with child) is September 1st and the first regular day of 4K is on September 2nd. 4K families should refer to the emailed info about visitation day.
The school hours will remain the same as last year:
5K through 5th grade is 8:30-3:35.
All-day 4K is also 8:30-3:35, but only Monday through Thursday.
All students must be in the building by 8:30 or they are tardy.
When can students enter the building? Where do they enter?
4K - Door 6
5K (Ms. Hetzer) - Door 9
5K (Ms. DeBruin) - Door 10
1st Grade - Door 11
2nd and 3rd Grades - Door 5
4th and 5th Grades - Door 7
These are the same doors that students are dismissed from at 3:35 p.m. I suggest you walk over to Lakeview in the coming weeks to find the correct door before the first day of school.
Although we appreciate if students can go to the correct door at 8:25, students may enter through the front doors (Door 1) if that is closest to your home. No matter where students enter, they will still be dismissed through the doors listed above, unless they are on a daycare bus or going to Before/After care provided by the SM Rec Department.
Covid information and more from our Superintendent
The three best mitigation strategies to prevent the spread of Covid for unvaccinated individuals, such as our students, continue to be:
• mask wearing (please have several for your student)
• cleaning the air (we have adequate air exchanges, air ionizers, air filters, and air purifiers at Lakeview)
• personal hygiene (hand washing or sanitizing)
We will also continue to follow CDC guidelines for isolation or quarantine of impacted individuals.
New at Lakeview since June!
• Inside, we are very excited that our 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade classrooms have all been updated with new furniture and construction that opened up some walls between rooms. Our older students will have the very best furniture that supports new ways to learn.
• Most importantly, our Lakeview teachers spent a lot of time this summer working on teaching and learning. We spent time learning how to focus our literacy instruction, how to co-plan and co-teach, how to use math and literacy standards more effectively to plan and assess, and how to personalize instruction. You may not be able to see these, but please know how busy your Lakeview teachers have been this summer, getting better at their practice for students.
• Do you need to register for Before/After Care through the SM Recreation Department? If so, please do that right away so your child is ready for the first day of school. Here is the link to register - it is found on our district website.• "Golden Lions" will continue at Lakeview this year - this is how we recognize students who demonstrate our "Be Safe ~ Be Respectful ~ Be Engaged" expectations. One parent/guardian will receive an automated email with a certificate and your child will be recognized in front of his/her class.
• Lunch menus are available on the Lakeview website under the "For Families" tab. Check for menus once we are closer to the start of the school year. If you qualify for Free or Reduced Lunch prices (or if you wonder if you qualify), please be sure to see this page for information and complete it right away.
• School attendance is important to your family and to us - we will be sending more information about school attendance as we get closer to the start of the school year. Many elementary families do not understand that school attendance (including arriving to school on time and staying the entire day) is the law and too many absences violates that law. We are here to help you understand those rules and work together with you to ensure students are in school all day, every day unless properly excused. Watch your mail for more information. There is no option to select virtual-only schooling at this time.