Earth Day 2015
Help Save the Earth By Recycling!
Earth Day's History
Earth day began in 1970 and was created by a Wisconsin Senator, Gaylord Nelson. He didn't want this day to be of celebration, or protesting, he said Earth Day is about discussion of our problems on the Earth.
Earth Day Fun Facts!
- The first Earth Day was celebrated on April 22, 1970, and 20 MILLION people participated in it!
- The United States started Earth day in 1970, and became worldwide by 1990
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!
Here are some ways you can save the Earth:
1. Walk or ride your bike to places to save pollution and fumes.
2. Recycle paper, plastic, and other things
3. Clean up local parks, beaches, or other areas that are polluted and filled with plant and animal life