The Hour of Code
Brought to you by the BHS Help Desk
Hour of Code Options for students:
Tutorials for Beginners:
- Learn from experts at MIT and Create a Holiday Card with Scratch.
- Learn from Mark Zuckerberg and write your first computer program with Code.org
- Learn programming concepts through puzzle games from LightBot
Tutorials that teach Java Script:
Tutorial apps for any device:
Building your own apps:
- Make mobile apps with App Inventor with the MIT Center for Mobile Learning
- Build an iPhone game in your browser using Make Games with Us
Other learning options:
BHS Help Desk Staff is ready for the Hour of Code!
Why should I learn to code?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics's Occupational Outlook Handbook provides details on Computer Programming as a career path. Learn more about computer programming:
- What they do
- Types of work environments
- How to become one
- Salary and wages
- The job outlook
Come explore computer programming with members of the Help Desk!
Don't Miss it!
Visit the Help Desk on Friday, December 13th periods 1-7 and work with a genius bar staff member to learn how to code. No previous experience is necessary! Build an app, create a game...become a rockstar of the future! There I'll also be an Hour of Code right after school from 2:00 to 3:00 p.m.
Friday, Dec 13, 2013, 07:45 AM