Rolled Film Camera
How it Started
When- September of 1888
How- "You press the button, we do the rest" promised George Eastman in 1888 with this slogan for his Kodak camera. George Eastman wanted to simplify photography and make it available to everyone, not just trained photographers. In 1883, Eastman announced the invention of photographic film in rolls.
How It Works
Benefits of Cameras Then and Now
- The main benefit of film cameras is photo quality. Film prints offer the best quality.
- Another benefit of cameras that use film is their price. Even the cheapest will offer high-quality photography.
- One more thing, is that film cameras don't need batteries, or hard drives. So if you don't have power around, your camera will still work.
- Anyone can use them and get good pictures, not just the pros
- Easy way of recording with minimal effort.
- Can be stored onto computers, so they can stay there forever
- Its much easier to capture moving pictures
Diehl, Stephen J. "Camera." World Book Student. World Book, n.d. Web. 20 Jan. 2015. http://worldbookonline.com/student/article?id=ar089540&st=rolled+film+camera
Digital image. AstroLab. ASTROLAB, 2006. Web. 20 Jan. 2015. <http://astro-canada.ca/_en/photo690.php?a4306_eastman1>.
Digital image. Kodak Roll-film & Film-packs. EarlyPhotography, n.d. Web. 16 Jan. 2015. <http://www.earlyphotography.co.uk/site/entry_F118.html>.
Digital image. The Story In The Making Of A Picture. Continued. SatsoSphere, n.d. Web. 16 Jan. 2015. <http://chestofbooks.com/reference/Wonder-Book-Of-Knowledge/The-Story-In-The-Making-Of-A-Picture-Continued.html#.VLlMFyvF_To>.
Digital image. Wikipedia Commons. Wikipedia, 26 Jan. 2012. Web. 16 Jan. 2015. <http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:One_Kodak_Camera.jpg> Digital image. Wise Geek. Conjecture Corporation, n.d. Web. 20 Jan. 2015. <http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wisegeek.com%2Fwhat-are-some-benefits-of-using-film-cameras.htm>.
"George Eastman And His Invention, The Kodak Camera." About.com Inventors. About.com, n.d. Web. 20 Jan. 2015. <http://inventors.about.com/od/estartinventors/ss/George_Eastman.htm?