- Vitamins are organic compounds that we need to maintain health and growth.
- There are 13 essential vitamins that are divided between water- solubles and fat soluble vitamins.
- The fat-soluble vitamins are vitamins A, D, E, and K.
- They act as antioxidants, they prevent cells from being damaged by oxygen
- Vitamin A is important for normal vision and immune function
- vitamin D is needed for bone health
- vitamin K is important for blood clotting
Where Vitamins are found
Milk, fruits, vegetables, whole grain foods, and some high-fat foods.