May 16, 2023
Kinder, 1st, and 2nd grades will be in the morning starting around 9:30am and ending around 11am. 3rd, 4th, & 5th grades will be in the afternoon starting at 1:30 and ending around 3:15pm.
If you choose to help, you will be able to stay with your child's class to observe them play, and help when needed. If you want to help or just observe you are more than welcome to do so we just ask that you check-in with the office before joining your child. You are also welcome to bring your cameras and lawn chairs to enjoy the day with the students.
Registration Now Open
Registration for the 23-24 school year is now open!
- Returning Families: Families who have at least one student returning to Topeka Public Schools should have received an automated individual email sent directly from the Synergy system. This email includes a unique code the parent must have in order to create a username and password to use with the Synergy ParentVue portal. Once the parent creates these credentials, the link for online registration is at the top-right in ParentVue.
- New Families: Families who have NO STUDENTS previously attending Topeka Public Schools begin the process from the district's website. Families with any returning students cannot begin from the website, as they must have the unique code provided in the automated email.
Please review these helpful tips before registering your student(s):
- If you have an electronic copy of the student's birth certificate and other requested documents, you will be able to upload those prior to submitting your registration. This will save you having to provide those items to the school in-person later.
- If you have any questions about logging into Synergy ParentVue or submitting your online registration, please email SISHelp@tps501.org or call 785-438-4750 between 7:30 and 4:30 for assistance.
- If you have any questions after submitting your online registration, please contact your student's school or the demographics office at 785-295-3000 for assistance.
We are very excited about this transition to Synergy's Online Registration System, and we look forward to the many exciting ways we will use this platform in the upcoming academic year.
23-24 PTO Officers
15-19-4th quarter spirit week
17-Senior Walk, 2:30pm
18 & 19-Grace Med Dental Clinic
23-5th grade Promotion, 2pm
24-Last day of school, dismissal @ 11:30am
Want all of these dates easily accessible and to be able to check if anything changes? Access our school calendar on the McClure website There, you can add the calendar to your own or even sign up for email alerts if something changes using the menu with the < sign above Saturday!
Kids, teens and adults are welcome to take the Summer Reading Challenge! Kids birth to 12 years old earn a prize for every 2 hours of reading (up to 8 hours) in June and July. That's 4 prizes!!
Low-Cost Sports Physicals: The Campus Care, located at Topeka High School is offering convenient, low-cost sports physicals for all USD 501middle school and high school athletes. Physicals are performed by the clinic family nurse practitioner, Dr. Ashely Dinkel. No appointment is necessary. Parent/guardian does not have to be present, but must complete and sign required forms. This exam meets the annual state requirement. For more information click here.
FCC's Affordable Connectivity Program: FCC has announced its affordable connectivity program to provide eligible families, a credit of up to $30 per month to cover the cost of Broadband services with various providers, including Cox. Eligible families include those who qualify for free & reduced school lunch, SNAP, WIC, or those with an income level at or below 200% of the federal poverty guideline for family size. Click here for either English or Spanish.
Campus Care Clinic: Topeka High School has a care clinic in partnership with the University of Kansas Health System that is open to all students and staff. Click here to view a flyer or watch this video for more information.