Week 31: March 28 - April 1, 2022
MONDAY - 3/28
- V Boys Tennis @ Los Altos 3:15 PM
- JV Softball @ Los Altos 3:15 PM
TUESDAY - 3/29
- Prom Royalty Reveal Assembly (Amphitheater) Lunch
- Boba Fundraiser (Front of School) 3:00 PM
- V Baseball @ Wilson 3:15 PM
- F Baseball vs Wilson Home 3:15 PM
- V Badminton vs Wilson Home 3:15 PM
- JV Badminton vs Wilson Home 3:15 PM
WEDNESDAY - 3/30
- CAASPP Testing Make-ups for Juniors and Seniors (Wednesday - Friday)
- Senior - Class of 2022 - Period-by-Period Meeting - Theatre
- Renaissance Giveaway Lunch
- V Softball vs South Hills Home 3:15 PM
- JV Softball @ South Hills 3:15 PM
- V Boys Tennis @ El Dorado 2:00 PM
- JV Boys Tennis vs El Dorado Home 3:15 PM
- Track & Field vs South Hills 3:15 PM
THURSDAY - 3/31
- CAASPP Make-ups
- Class Officer Candidate Meeting
- Boba Fundraiser (Peer Counseling) 3:00 PM
- PCA Career Alumni Day 8:30 AM
- Swimming and Diving vs South Hills Home 3:15 PM
- V Baseball vs Wilson Home 3:15 PM
- JV Baseball @ Wilson 3:15 PM
- V Softball @ Walnut 3:15 PM
- JV Softball vs Walnut Home 3:15 PM
- V Badminton @ Webb 3:15 PM
- JV Badminton @ Webb 3:15 PM
FRIDAY - 4/1
- CAASPP Make-ups
SATURDAY - 4/2
- Junior/Senior Prom @ AV Irvine 7:00 - 11:00 PM
- Track & Field @ Yorba Linda Invite 8:00 AM
- Vaccine Clinic - Location TBD
DBHS Athletics Calendar - Click HERE for all athletic contests!
Vocational & Career Programs Exploration Day
Sat, Apr 2, 2022, 09:00 AM
Mt. San Antonio College, North Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA, USA
Class of 2022 Event at Mt. Sac!
Mt. Sac is inviting you, your parents, and our community to their Vocational and Career Programs Exploration Day event! They will have a virtual event on March 30 in the evening and an in-person event on Saturday morning, April 2. The virtual event will provide students, parents, and community information about some of our amazing CTE and Vocational programs. Their Saturday in-person event will have CTE program tours, interactive resource fair with many of our CTE and vocational programs from credit and noncredit, Mt SAC application workshops, and FREE In-N-Out.
Students can register themselves and up to 2 other guests through the QR code on the flyer. Space will be limited, register early and fast!
DOPPELGÄNGER FILM FESTIVAL 2022
DOPPELGÄNGER FILM FESTIVAL 2022
On March 18, Brahma Cinematics held its 13th annual Doppelgänger student film festival and was our first in-person presentation since 2019. DBHS students were ecstatic to share their passion and creativity with a live audience. This year we were also proud to collaborate with DBHS art teacher, Ms. Dizon, on our very first animation category, which had over ten submissions by students.
This year was considered to be one of the toughest years for judging by all accounts. Every student, at all grade levels, brought their ingenuity and talent for multiple submissions. That is why we are posting winners and nominees for each category.
Once again, REACH for Mental Health, honored our Eye Opener filmmakers with a $500 Scholarship winner. Below is a list of winners along with their submissions.
Special thanks to Mr. Enriquez for supporting our students!
Adelitas Scholarship 2022
- Must be a graduating high school senior or a transfer student
- Must provide proof of college enrollment upon receiving an awarded scholarship. (Failure to provide documentation will result in declined check).
- Applicant must be present at conference to receive award
- AB540 Students are also eligible for this scholarship
- Female (or individuals who identify as female) applicants only
- Submit most recent Unofficial Transcripts at the end of this application
Diamond Bar Woman’s Club 2022 Scholarship Application
- Applicants must enroll at a Community College, Trade School or Certificate Program for the Fall
- Applicants must be a graduating high school senior (Diamond Bar or Diamond Ranch HS) with a sincere desire to pursue post- secondary education.
- Applicants must have maintained a minimum G.P.A. of 2.5 throughout high school.
- Upon proof of enrollment, a check will be sent to the College/School on your behalf.
***Click HERE to access the scholarship application!
Application Package must contain all six of the following:
1. Application: completed with community activities and signed by applicant and parent.
2. Autobiography (One to two-pages, typed 12 Font) Tell us your story, such as:
- What are your educational goals? Why?
- How has extracurricular activities/volunteer organizations benefited you?
3. Transcript: Official High School Transcript
4. Recommendation: Letter from your school (i.e., Counselor/Principal/Teacher) and/or from a community member (i.e., Church/Club/Employer).
5. Verification of legal presence in the United States: (Include a copy of an acceptable document: Birth Certificate, Certificate of US Citizenship, Unexpired US Passport, Valid permanent resident card issued by Dept. Homeland Security, US Certificate of Naturalization, Valid State ID Card or Driver’s License, or Document of approved deferred action including DACA Program)
6. Photography Waiver: Photos will be taken during awards presentation for publicity use by DBWC. I give permission for my son/daughter to be photographed for this purpose.
Mail the completed package or email a PDF copy no later than Friday, April 8, 2022
Diamond Bar Woman’s Club, Pam Robinson, Scholarship Co-Chair
PO Box 4035, Diamond Bar, CA 91765
Winners will be notified in May and will attend a Woman’s Club meeting on Wednesday, May 18, 2022, to be acknowledged and complete needed paperwork. For further information contact Pam Robinson (909) 210-2679 or email at the above
Tzu Chi USA Scholarship Program!
*Need Help With College Tuition?
Buddhist Tzu Chi Foundation is pleased to announce its annual
Scholarship program for students with financial need,
outstanding academic achievements and community involvement.
Open to All High School Seniors
Selected applicants will receive $1,500 tuition assistance
To Apply Online, Please Visit
Deadline: March 31, 2022
College & Career Updates
Harvey Mudd College Women Engineers and Scientists of Tomorrow!
- Sign up for the annual Harvey Mudd College Women Engineers and Scientists of Tomorrow (WEST) Conference 2022 held on Saturday April 2nd from 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM Pacific Time on Zoom.
- WEST Conference is a one day conference for high school girls to visit the Harvey Mudd College campus (through Zoom), participate in a day of science and engineering workshops, and get an idea of what it is like to be a woman scientist or engineer for a day.
- Participants have the opportunity to attend workshops presented by our very own Mudd professors. Attending students are allowed a chance to listen and ask questions to a panel of current Mudd students from each technical major.
- Parents are welcome to attend certain parts of the conference such as the panel, admission talk, and keynote speaker. In addition, there will be opportunities for participants to chat with professors, current Mudd students, and other attendees in breakout rooms, during breaks, and at lunch.
- WEST Conference is only $5 to attend.
- Please register here: https://forms.gle/yc7wqQ1 DVuR 6X9 and venmo our treasurer Megan @meganchenaz. Any additional donations would also be greatly appreciated to support our future SWE events!
WVWD would like to invite all High School students to participate in our annual Poster Art Contest!
Theme: “Water Is Life”
Weekly COVID Testing @ DBHS
Each MONDAY at DBHS, we will be providing voluntary COVID testing for all WVUSD students and staff. The drive-through clinics will occur in our Faculty Parking lot. Testing is also available at Suzanne Middle School (Tuesday), South Pointe Middle School (Wednesday), Walnut High School (Tuesday) and Walnut City Library (Thursday).
Please utilize the registration link if you would like to COVID test.
*No appointments are needed, but preregistration is requested.