4th Grade News
Week of April 23 - 27
What are we learning?
- distinguish between fixed and variable expenses
- calculate profit
- compare the advantages and disadvantages of various savings options
- describe how to allocate a weekly allowance
- describe the basic purpose of financial institutions
***Please work on multiplication facts at home. The more fluent your child is with their facts the better off they will be throughout the year as we learn new concepts. Learning multiplication facts is like learning sight words when you first learn to read. We want your child to become very fluent with their math facts this year. This will help them as we get to some very daunting word problems later this year. They will not have to stop each time to solve and be able to keep reading for understanding.
Fun links to help with facts:
Reading and Writing
READING & WRITING
We will continue reading The Candymakers while looking at the characters and how they are developing as we get deeper into the story. With only 3 weeks left until the Reading STAAR test, we will turn our focus to practicing more non-fiction, paired selections, poetry and drama passages. This week we will focus on elements of poetry and poetry vocabulary.
Cafeteria A La Carte Options
- Chips- Monday - Wednesdays for 1.00
- Thursdays- Ice Cream for 1.00
- Fridays - Cookies for .50
Check Your Child's Lunch Balance
What's PTA up to?
Visit Our School