September 2, 2022
Off To A Great Start!
Here are a few things we are learning:
- Classmate's names (work in progress)
- Morning Meeting Routines (greeting, share, activity, message)
- Classroom Centers
- Play Plans: Writing Process and Routines
- Sound Maps (alphabet charts)
- Exploring math tools
- Graphic Practice (Handwriting)
- "Must Do" work
- Library visits
- Fire Drill Practices
- Rhyming and Syllables
- Learning to eat during lunch and not "chat" as much...Ha Ha Ha
- Learning to eat snack before playing
Library Books & Friday Folders
Please make sure to check your child's "Friday Folder" for items from the week and other important parent information. Folders should be returned to school each Monday. Please check your child's folder for our FIRST kindergarten BOOK BINGO homework sheet. We hope you enjoy sampling a variety of new book titles with your kindergarten student.
Accidents Do Happen!
It might be a good idea to practice and encourage independence with wiping 😉! We have had a few children showing some difficulty with this self care task.
Mark Your Calendars!
- Labor Day: No School September 5th
- Non Student Contact Day: September 23rd...No school for students
- Picture Day: October 3rd
- Family Conferences: October 4th & 6th (SignUp coming soon)
- Book Fair: October 4th, 5th, 6th
- Non Student Contact Day: October 20th...No school for students
- Fall Break: October 21st - No school
It has been working perfectly for the children! They are able to quickly grab a snack and transition to our breaks seamlessly thanks to you!
Please don't forget to send a clean and filled water bottle each day to school. Drinking fountains were removed from our classroom last year to cut down on the spread of germs. We will gladly refill water bottles as needed!!
Kindergarten Treasures in Pockets
Toys from Home
SNOW and WINTER BOOTS!
When sending your child to school in snow boots, it is extremely helpful to us that your child also packs a pair of SLIP ON style shoes (keeps us from having to tie 32 shoes)! It is also very uncomfortable for students to sit with big snow boots on their feet all day while at school. The snow boots also track muddy slush across our carpet areas where students often need to sit during instruction.
Click the above button to access our slides from Curriculum Night which was held on Thursday, August 25th. Thank you to those families that were able to attend! It was great to meet you!