January 21, 2022
I want to remind all of you about a few upcoming date reminders:
- January 26th--Rustin High School will launch a course selection video for 8th graders to view on the District website. Video will provide information on the selection process, dates, and major changes in the curriculum guide. The link to the video will be sent out closer to the date.
- January 28th--end of 2nd marking period
- February 1st--6th and 7th graders will view a video about the course selection process during Falcon Period
- February 1st--Zoom Parent Meeting for rising 6th and 7th-grade parents at 5:30 pm --link for zoom will come closer to the date
- February 3rd--8th graders will get an in-person visit from RHS teachers and counselors at Stetson to talk about courses in high school
- February 16th--8th graders will get an opportunity for an in-person event at Rustin High School about specific questions on the course selection process (date and location to follow)
**All families and students will be able to select courses/electives during the week of February 14th - 25th. We hope you can review our course offerings and exciting opportunities!
Please let us know if you have any further questions regarding the course selection process for the 2022-23 school year.
Have a great weekend (stay warm),
Calendar --Look Ahead and Plan
January 24th--Day 5
January 25th--Day 6
January 26th--Day 1
January 27th--Day 2
January 28th--Day 3
Daily bell schedule
Falcon Period Schedule--Tuesday and Thursday
Technology concerns--If technical issues arise, please use the following resources:
Tech Support @ Home – WCASD website with important information:
- Schoology Support
- Laptop Support
- Additional Resources
- Schoology Parent & Student Support
If there is an issue with your 1:1 device please email SMS firstname.lastname@example.org
Dress Code Reminder
Please help us in reminding our students to follow our dress code policy. These include crop tops (mid-drift showing), pajama pants, slippers, and wearing hoods inside the school building. Students who continue to violate the dress code will receive a consequence of after-school detention.
Late Arrival and Early Dismissal Procedures
Early Dismissal Procedure
- Please send a signed note in with your student on the morning of the desired early dismissal. Your student should bring that note directly to the office upon arrival to receive a pass to leave class at the appropriate time.
- Early dismissal is considered leaving prior to the end of the student day more than 60 minutes early.
Late Arrival Procedure
- Students are considered late to school after 8:05 am. Students are required to be in homeroom at this time. All late arrivals must check-in at the office/late table to receive a pass.
- A tardy is defined as a minimum of one minute of lateness to school.
- Eight (8) tardies to school and/or early dismissals will be considered one (1) unlawful absence in grades K-8.
A Word From Our Athletic Department
Home Games next week:
1/24 Wrestling vs Great Valley
1/26 Wrestling vs Charles F. Patton
1/28 Boys Basketball vs Penns Grove
As agreed upon by the Ches-Mont League, students will not mask in play but will be required to mask at all other times. Spectators are expected to follow the District’s masking expectations outlined in the health and safety plan and be masked. Student spectators are allowed to attend again starting 1/19/22.
**Call our athletic director Mr. Corcoran about any athletic concerns at 484-266-2725
Would you like to VOLUNTEER in the Stetson School Library?
We are always happy to see you!
Please e-mail Dr. Markiewicz at SMSLib@wcasd.net with your availability.
We will contact you soon with a start date.
You will need to have your clearances up to date in order to volunteer.
It is Stetson’s mission to help all students maintain passing grades, however, if a student is failing two or more academic subjects, or one academic subject, and two unified arts classes, they will be placed on our ineligibility list. Students who are on the ineligibility list are unable to participate in any extracurricular sport/activity. A report is generated every Thursday to determine eligibility status for the following week.
A reminder that our personal cell phones are not permitted to be used during school hours in the educational setting. Please review the policy below with your student.
Thank you for your diligent communication regarding Covid related needs. We will continue to work together while we see the increase in communal positivity.
If you have any health questions, please contact our school nurse by email at email@example.com.
In the most recent round of data from the PA Youth Survey, 57% of West Chester teens report that they do not feel recognized for hard work. Yet, recognition of hard work is directly linked to a child’s commitment to school which is proven to decrease the likelihood of involvement with law enforcement and use of addictive substances. Recognition of genuine effort from teachers, parents, peers, or other trusted adults helps youth to know their value and has a cumulative positive effect on emotional well-being. WCASD is pleased to partner with West Chester Communities That Care on this initiative that shares concrete tools to build resilience and improve outcomes for youth. (www.wcctc.org/resilience1hs)