African Lion Facts
Lions live in cool climates and in the intense heat. ( Open woodland,scrub,grassland.)
Lions eat Zebras, Antelope, Water Buffalo, Warthogs, Fish, Turtles, Guinea Fowl.
A male lion can eat 75 pounds or 34 kilograms of food each day.
A lion can drag a 600 pound or 270 kilogram Zebra something that 6 people find hard to do.
- Excellent hearing and vision and able to locate prey
- Lions live in groups called prides
- Hunters are the greatest threat to lions
- The lion is the second largest cat in the cat family
- The lion lives on feast or famine
Lions are vulnerable(population decreasing).
Their endangered under the US list.