Ms. Bertucci & Mrs. Wilkinson News April 4-8, 2016
Please follow the link to complete your application:
Our first need for volunteers will be our Kindergarten Field Trip on April 21st.
We will also need volunteers for Field Day on May 20.
Please consider volunteering! Thank you in advance!
- Please initial your child's behavior calendar every night. This is very important since this is our communication with you.
- Please send your child with a jacket every day, since we do go outside for recess and the weather changes dramatically in Texas. Please label all your children's belongings.
- Attendance is really important because first grade is around the corner and we still have a lot of material to cover to get ready.
Reading at home
Parents please remember that it is very important to read with your child at home. We have provided two important resources for reading this six weeks.
The sight word readers as well as new books that will be sent home.
Second, your child has access to the wonderful program called RAZ Kids! The students are getting a chance to read through books at school. You may access this vast library of books at their reading level through a tablet or computer. Visit https://www.raz-kids.com/. Click on kids login. Input teacher username (cwilkinson7 or mbertucci0). Once you are in the classroom choose your child's name. Your child may read to you or read independently. Make sure your child is paying close attention as he/she is reading. In the 2nd level each child will have comprehension quizzes to complete to see if he/she understood the story. This is a great way to have conversations about what they are reading.
Fairy Tales, Folk Tales and Fables
Focus Sight Words:
Procedural writing- students will be writing using the words first, next, then and last
Identifying coins- pennies, nickles, dimes and quarters
Basic needs of plants and animals
Life on the Farm
- April 15 - Kindergarten Celebration pictures. We will be taking pictures with your student in their cap and gown. Please make sure if your child is a girl that she doesn't wear a ponytail because it makes it difficult to wear the cap.
- April 21 - Tentative Field Trip Date - more details to come soon.
- May 9-10 Closed Campus for STAAR testing. There will be no after school activities including Aspire this week.
- May 20 - Field Day (Please contact the school if you can volunteer to help run activities)
- May 27 - 2:00 PM Kindergarten Celebration Ceremony and Performance - Please make plans to attend our Celebration Ceremony. Each student will be given a Certificate of Completion for all their hard work throughout the year. We will also be giving out 6 CORE Value awards to students that exhibit our 6 CORE character traits. Any student with Perfect Attendance will be recognized as well. Parents, Grandparents, and any family members are welcome to attend. The students will perform a small display of the nursery rhymes they have learned this year as well.