Communications, Conversations, Collaborations
We had a great week! We wrapped up our middle-of-the-year assessments with great success! Starting on January 30th, we will be celebrating 100 days of school! We will be celebrating all week! Information below!
Also, Valentine's Day party information along with the sign-up form is also included in this week's Coleman Connection.
Have a great weekend!
January Word of Focus: RESPECT
SUPERSTAR STAFF SHOUT-OUTS!
Mrs. Maass: 4th Grade
My son has done such a great job because of Mrs. Maass and her understanding and love for her students. She sees the positive in all of her students and helps them build confidence, daily.
Mrs. Macy Scott: 2nd Grade
Mrs. Scott is so sweet, caring and relatable! It makes my heart happy that my son is so comfortable with her as his teacher!
Mrs. Laura Burns: Kinder
She is not just an amazing teacher, but an amazing person!
-The parents of Alexandra Vivoni
Mrs. Jenny Brown: 3rd Grade
My family & I are so blessed to have Mrs. Brown! She has made this year absolutely amazing for my daughter. She loves what she does & it shows. Thank you for being YOU! -We love you, Mrs. Brown!
JCE Staff Member of the Week!
Ms. Cindy Dolezal, Receptionist Extraordinaire
Boosterthon Big Earners!
Donuts with Officer Brown!
Picnic at the Park with Admin!
Coleman TEAM SPOTLIGHT for the WEEK!
Our Fabulous 4th Grade Team
Fun Facts about our 4th Grade Teachers
1. I’ve been stuck in an elevator three separate times!
2. I love to ride rollercoasters!
3. In college, I camped out for three days (and nights!) for tickets to the Cotton Bowl. #gigem
1. I started dating my now husband when I was 14 and married after dating for 6 years :Dwe have been together for 43 years: married for 37
2. I sang at my high school graduation ceremony :D
3. I live at the Lake :D
1. I have 3 brothers-meteorologist/cyber security/reporter
2. I can sing the beginning of 'Can you Feel the Love Tonight" the part between Timon and Pumba by heart
3. My husband works for the Texas Rangers!
1. I have been to 46 of our 52 states
2. I loved to snow ski, and play tennis
3. My favorite food is seafood!
1. I have a pet pig named Lucy. She has her own air-conditioned/heated house.
2. I lettered in badminton in high school.
3. I have 7 grandchildren.
Ellis County Weather GUY Visits Coleman!
Celebrating a week in the 100s!
News from the Library
Coleman Elementary is gearing up to have our first visiting author in February! Award-winning children's book author, Tammi Sauer is coming soon and if your child would like to order one of her books she will autograph it too! Order forms were due by Friday, Jan. 20th - If you did not send your order, please send it by Monday, Jan. 23rd. Please send exact change if paying in cash. Thank you!
5th Grade Parents:
Here is the slideshow from the Parent Night at Dieterich Middle School
DMS Incoming 6th Grade Information
During morning arrival, if your child is a car rider, Coleman's procedure is for you to drop your child off in the back carline. The front entrance is designated for bus drop-off, daycare drop-off, and walkers. Walkers are defined as students walking from nearby neighborhoods that don't qualify for transportation through the district. We don't allow for car drop-off due to the safety of our students crossing the parking lot.
Please be mindful that school starts at 7:30 a.m. and it is important for your student to be here and in class on time.
If you arrive after the back car line has finished, then please drive around to the front of the school and walk your child into the building to complete the late arrival QR code. For safety reasons, students should not be dropped off out front alone or left unattended outside.
Texas 90% Attendance and Truancy Rules
The Texas attendance rules say that a student has to be in a class at least 90% of the time if they want to be sure to get credit for that class. This rule applies even if your child has an Individualized Education Program (IEP) or Section 504 plan.
If a student has excessive absences (17 days absent) or excessive tardies (more than 10 days tardy), they will be given an opportunity to regain credit by completing a credit recovery plan approved by the principal that provides the student an opportunity to regain instructional requirements.
Attendance: If your child is absent, please email our Attendance Clerk, Christi Piekos, at email@example.com. Doctor's notes may be sent via email or brought to the office within 48 hours of the absence.
Procedures for Transportation Changes
Coleman Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
REMEMBER TO ALWAYS BRING YOUR ID TO SCHOOL!
MISD prioritizes the safety and security of our staff and students. We ask our MISD visitors to help us in the effort to keep kids as safe as possible. MISD appreciates your patience as we follow these procedures. To learn more about campus security and visitor guidelines, visit https://bit.ly/3QqqQzl.
Message from Child Nutrition
BREAKFAST AND LUNCH
Breakfast Times / Price
7:05 - 7:30
Breakfast / Lunch Menus + Snack List
You can also monitor what your child purchases!
Send lunch money in a labeled envelope (child name / lunch money).
The Child Nutrition Department offers a convenient, easy, and secure online pre-payment service called MySchoolBucks. Parents can view their child's account balance, deposit money for meals, and print reports on their eating history.
- View current balances
- Receive low-balance email alerts
- Add funds to your student's accounts (the process may take 24 hrs to post to student's account)
- Set up student alerts (low balances, etc.)
- Set it & forget it… Automatic payments
- A flat rate convenience fee of $2.49 per transaction
- Download the app for on-the-go transactions
Guests are welcome at lunch!
Please review the procedures our guests are expected to follow:
- Guests sit with their child at the bistro tables. Friends stay at their assigned tables.
- Your child may bring a lunch from home, go through the cafeteria line, or you may bring your child a lunch. You may provide a lunch for your child only.
- We do not distribute snacks, treats, or other items to classmates.
- When the cafeteria monitor calls a time-out, please direct your attention to them. They typically call a time-out for snacks or cleaning up.
FROM THE COLEMAN PTO
Would you like to help out with events at Coleman?
Signing up does not mean you have to be a part of every event or activity. You pick and choose what you would like to be a part of. #jceistheplacetobe
Click below to sign up. https://my.cheddarup.com/me/jcolemanpto-9865
Click below to complete a background check.
Launch into the Weekend!
“Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.” - Bruce Lee
★January 23 - 27 -- Holocaust Remembrance Week
Jean Coleman Elementary