Psychology Project 1
About Wilhelm Wundt
Contributions to Psychology
He was inspired by Weber and Fechner working at Leipzig. They inspired his interest in neuropsychology.
What he studied
Did he write the first textbook of Psychology?
What was he most involved with experiments or general study of the mind?
Where was he a professor?
Where is Wilhelm Wundt from?
- 1832- Wilhelm Maximillian Wundt was born in Neckarau near Mannheim
- 1852- Moved to Heidelberg where he received his medical doctorate in 1856
- 1855- Worked with Mueller and then Helmhotz at Heidelberg
- 1864- He was appointed professor at Heidelberg
- 1867- Taught physiological psychology
- 1873- He published the first volume of his main work entitled The Principles
- of Physiological Psychology
- 1874- He was appointed to the chair of inductive philosophy at the University of
- 1875- Appointed to the University of Leipzig, where he remained for forty-five
- 1875- Wundt was given his first laboratory consisting of one room
- 1879- Opened his first full laboratory with more room and equipment
- 1883- Founded the first psychological journal under the title Philosophische
- Studien (Philosophical Studies)
- 1897- Was given his own building
- 1920- Died in Grossbothen near Leipzig