By: Ashley Jones
In this project I have learn many things about recycling metal. It has compared many things to today and World War 2. I have many things, here are some cool things that I thought were interesting during my research.
Did you Know
Did you know that back when World War 2 first started the U.S. saved so much metal it was able to build 2 warships.
Facts about Metal in World War 2
- Back during World War 2 the U.S. had a scrap drive, were they would take all there metal and give it to the U.S. army to build plans, tanks and more.
- A tank takes 18million tons of metal to build 1 tank.
- Kids who lived on farms had to give their metal toys to the War.
- People would remove their bombers on their tractors and cars to give to the War.
Today we use metal very different then we did in World War 2.
- Today we recycle metal to save energy.
- If you save 8 tons of aluminum metal it will give you 14 megawatts of electricity.
- We collect metals now to get valuable metal inside electronics like phones and computers.
There are many comparisons and difference from each time periods and many more you can research. You are the one that can help by recycling, but it is your choice.