The Panther Post
April 2019 Monthly Newsletter
Illinois Science Assessment
Bullying Prevention Week April 8-12
Please encourage your children to wear different colors throughout the week to prevent bullying.
Monday, April 8: Wear blue to prevent bullying
Tuesday, April 9: Put a stop to bullying by wearing red
Wednesday, April 10: Wear yellow to show that you will bee a buddy, not a bully
Thursday, April 11: Show the love by wearing pink
Friday, April 12: Be the change in the world by wearing green
Pleasant Hill Parents Club
I want to thank all the members of the parents club for their dedication to Pleasant Hill. They have worked tirelessly to provide exciting opportunities for the students and supported staff with their requests. We are so very grateful for all you do.
Grandparent Breakfast 2019
Lots of love shown during Pleasant Hill's annual Grandparents Breakfast. Thanks to all the grandparents who attended this special event. A big shoutout to all the staff who dedicated their time to make the event run so smoothly.
An absolute inspiration and motivation our guest speaker, Harvie Herrington, was for our junior high staff and #phillpanthers! Harvie was a former NFL player who shared his story with us. We learned that each of us must have a dream and no matter how many chains we may have throughout our life, we must always focus on that dream.
Field Trip Fun
Mrs. Shook's and Mrs. Cox's instructional classes got the chance to take their first curriculum based instructional field trip. They went to HyVee for a store tour and a cooking class! Students got to see all the great things HyVee has to offer such as food, medicine, and flowers. The students even got to cook their own lunch! They made fruit skewers, taco puffs, and popcorn trail mix! It was a great day!
Grandparent Breakfast 2019
Field Trip Fun
Important Notes & Reminders
- We are so thankful to all the Grandparents who joined us for our annual Grandparents Breakfast on April 3. It turned out to be a wonderful event because we were able to celebrate you and the relationships you have with your grandchildren. Thanks to all of the Pleasant Hill staff who helped in making the event such a huge success.
- Just a reminder, if your child has any outstanding fees, such as a $3 lock fee, milk fees, etc. these fees must be paid before the end of the year. We will be sending reminders with outstanding fee balances home within the next couple weeks so those fees can be paid. Money can be sent into the office with your child at any time to pay the fee balance.
- Congratulations to the 45 third quarter honor roll students for their academic achievements. We look forward to spending time with students and their family members at the honor roll luncheon on April 10. Keep up the great work!
- With the four snow days we had throughout the school year, this has pushed our last day of school back in May. The last day of school for the year will be MAY 29. Students will be dismissed at 11:30.
- 8th Grade Graduation will be held on Tuesday, May 14th at 7:00 PM! Please save the date on your calendars!
Mark Your Calendars
- April 1-Parents Club Meeting 6:00
- April 2-Track Meet @ Monroe 4:00
- April 3-Grandparents Breakfast 7:30-Track Practice 4:00-5:30
- April 4-Track Practice 4:00-5:30
- April 5-Popcorn Friday-Kona Ice 11:30-1:30
- April 8-Track Practice 4:00-5:30
- April 9-Track Practice 4:00-5:30
- April 10-Progress Reports Sent Home-Honor Roll Luncheon 12:20-Track Practice 4:00-5:30
- April 12-Early Dismissal @ 11:30
- April 15-22-Spring Break
- April 22-NO SCHOOL
- April 23-SCHOOL RESUMES-LAC Track Meet @ LCHS 2:00-Bus leaves at 1:15-School Board Meeting 6:00
- April 24-HAPPY ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANTS DAY (SECRETARIES DAY)-Dental Cleanings-Track Practice 4:00-5:30
- April 25-Track Meet @ Limestone Walters 3:30-Bus leaves at 2:45
- April 26-Sock Hop Pre-K-4th Grade 6:00-7:30
- April 27-Track Meet @ Metamora High School St. Mary's Relays 10:00
- April 29-6th-8th Grade Clean Water Celebration Field Trip to the Civic Center
- April 30-Kindergarten Roundup 6:00-7:00