New Beginnings' Newsletter
Your place for a fresh start!
“Rejoice always, pray continually, give THANKS in all circumstances for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” I Thessalonians 5:16-18
At NBC, we put the THANKS in Thanksgiving. It's the month where a heart of gratitude and thankfulness rise to the top, and we thank the Lord for His goodness. We pray that you join us on the Thanksgiving journey, as we celebrate and thank God together on Sundays at 8:30AM and 10AM at 29 Park Place Dr. Let's WORSHIP the ONE!
**Click and Subscribe to all things NBC**
What's happening at NBC?
Current Sermon Series
Angel Tree Ministry
Angel Tree®, a program of Prison Fellowship, reaches out to the children of prisoners and their families with the love of Christ. Through Angel Tree, volunteers are mobilized to deliver a gift, the Gospel, and a personal message of love to children on behalf of their mom or dad in prison. Every Angel Tree family is also given access to a free, easy-to-read copy of the Bible. It starts with a gift and leads to restored relationships.
Beginning on Sunday, November 12th visit the Lobby for your Angel Tree tag
so you can adopt an Angel Tree child this Christmas season!
The Angel Tree gifts will be due back by Sunday, December 3rd.
Fall 2023 Connect Groups end the week of November 6th but be sure to keep an eye out for the Spring Connect Group list. We will host a Connect Group fair on Sunday, January 14th and 21st with groups beginning the week of January 28, 2024. Let's get connected!
NBC Connection Kids' Ministries
Curious about what the NBC Connection Kids' Ministry is teaching the month of November 2023? Then check out the videos below and find out what the children of NBC are learning from the Word of God!!
Connection Kids (5-8yrs.)
Connection Pre-Teens (9-11yrs.)
New Beginnings Connection Youth
Be sure to follow New Beginnings Connection Youth on Instagram @NBCyouth29.
Keep up to date with all the great things happening with the youth group!
Become a Partner?
If you are interested in becoming a partner with New Beginnings Church, join in on the journey by emailing email@example.com, calling 985-892-8003, or signing up at the Count Me In area in the lobby
We'll keep you posted on the 2024 dates for the following sessions:
Get Started- January 14, 2024
Get to Work
**When you complete the entire growth track, you receive a special CONNECTED t-shirt!**
Make a difference- VOLUNTEER!
Sun., Nov 5, 2023: Walk the Talk, week 1, part 2
Mark Your Calendars
Get to Work: Serve List
EACH ONE, HELP ONE
To be a true disciple we must live a life of love and be willing to serve others. Not only should we serve/volunteer within our church, but we must step outside the walls of the church and enter the “mission field”: the community and world around us.
Mark 10:45, “For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
1 Peter 4:10, “Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.”
Matthew 25:40, "The King will reply, “'Truly I tell you whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'”
Romans 15:1-2, Matthew 5:16, Hebrews 6:10, Philippians 4:9, Isaiah 1:17, Acts 13:47
There are many opportunities both locally, nationally, and internationally for us to serve others and advance the kingdom. You can act as a representative of Jesus Christ on behalf of New Beginnings Church to any of the following local ministries/charities:
Disaster Relief Ministries:
- Carpenters for Christ (Rebuilding Churches after Natural Disasters) https://carpentersforchrist.org
- Eight Days of Hope (Disaster Relief and Rebuild Ministry) www.eightdaysofhope.com
- 516 Project (Disaster Relief and Rebuild Ministry) https://516 project.org
- God’s Pit Crew (Disaster Relief and Rebuild Ministry) www.godspitcrew.org
- Team Acts 20:35 (Rebuilding after Natural Disasters) Facebook@Teamacts2035
- Just The Crumbs (Providing Meals for Families Affected by Natural Disasters) www.justthecrumbs21.org
- Mercy Chefs (Providing Meals for Volunteers and Families Affected by Natural Disasters) www.mercychefs.com
- Angel’s Place (volunteers would love and support families with children with life threatening illnesses) www.angelsplacenola.org
- Crisis Pregnancy Center (volunteers would sort and stock donations) www.northlakecpc.com
- 4 Such A Time As This-assisting children and women in need. To volunteer contact Lorna@4satat.org about the need
- For the Children (volunteers would assist at camp with children in foster care) www.forthechildren.org
- Habitat for Humanity (volunteers would assist at Restore and/or building homes for families in need). To volunteer contact Kayla Willie Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Love Moved First-recovery and restoration for women in crisis www.lovemovedfirst.net
- The Miracle League Northshore-sports program for children with disabilities email@example.com
- Our Friends Closet-providing basic needs for homeless (volunteers would assist in delivery of furniture and hygiene products to schools) www.ourfriendscloset.org
- Restoration Senior Living of Covington (volunteers would visit and befriend residents) www.rslcovington.com
- Special Olympics of Louisiana-games for children with disabilities www.laso.org
- Support Our Troops (volunteers would construct care packages) www.operationwecare.org
Giving to NBC
- Mail in your tithes and offerings to 29 Park Place Dr., Covington 70433
- Visit NB.CHURCH and click the "GIVE" tab
- Text the word "GIVE" to 985-241-8003
- Kiosk located in the Fellowship Hall (debit/credit cards)
Luke 6:38 says, "Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."
Missions- As you give, NBC gives
Mark 16:15, "He said to them, 'Go into all the world and preach the Gospel to all creation.' "
Join us as we pray for the missionaries that New Beginnings Church supports!
New Beginnings Church also financially supports many missionaries both locally and abroad. When you give tithes and offerings to New Beginnings you are part of this support. These missionaries also covet your prayers. New Beginnings also sponsors the Angel Tree Program for Christmas and assists Single Parents.
These are the missionaries that we currently financially support. We are continually adding to the list, so it may change accordingly.
Local and Regional Missions
Jody and Wendy Dyess (Free International Human Trafficking Ministry)
Isaac and Morgan Fulton (Xavier Campus)
Tyler and Bethany Gerfers (ULM Campus)
Jonathan and Ali Buras (LSU Campus)
Eric and Annabelle Treuil (ULL Campus)
Matthew and Jennifer Degier (Tulane Campus)
Austin Howenstine (Southeastern Campus)
Albert and Marie Skinner (Native Americans)
Joshua and Andrea Holder (N.O. Street Ministry to Homeless and Hurting)
Reach America (Church Planting)
Habitat for Humanity (West St. Tammany)
New Orleans Mission (Homeless and Hurting)
Angel Tree (providing Christmas to children of incarcerated parents)
Single Parent Ministry
Jason and Britney Curtis (Arab World)
Charles and Amanda Gravely (Belgium)
Kelli and Cody Miller (Israel and Palestine)
Shane and Mandy Phelps (Arab World)
Kody Barbier (Kenya, Africa)
Aaron Domengeaux (Kenya, Africa)
Luis and Lourdes Padilla (Argentina)
Kirk and Amy Priest (Germany)
Chris and Debbie Bowser (Peru)
Gregory and Rosanna Schultz (Israel)
Jack and Dawn Foran (Israel)
Will and Angela Lester (Israel)
Speed of Light (Transportation Supplier to Missionaries Worldwide)
Do you want to accept Jesus as your Savior?
Have a Prayer Request?
Psalm 34:15: “The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous and his ears are
attentive to their cry.”
The Vision and Purpose of NBC
The vision of New Beginnings is to reach the Northshore community with the life giving message of Jesus Christ, and to teach those we reach to become true disciples, ultimately reproducing themselves. We say it like this....reach and teach we don't just want them to know, but to grow.
The purpose of New Beginnings is to be a life giving beacon of hope, a sanctuary for the hopeless, and a haven for the downtrodden. As Jesus Himself said, "It's not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick". New Beginnings is a place for a fresh start.