Origin of Basil
Basil grows in warm climates. It can grow indoors. Native to near East.
grows quickly to about 2 feet. it has shining green leaves that are 1-2 inches long. It gives a strong aroma.
Common Culinary Uses
generally used on vegetable dishes. It combines well with other herbs goes well with tomatoes, green beans, broccoli, artichokes, peas, zucchini, and spinach. Can be used fresh, dried, frozen, blended with out oil. Fresh is best.
- excellent source of vitamin K
- good source of vitamin C
- good source of iron, calcium, for late and copper
- mind-body benefits
- helps prevent cholesterol from oxidizing
- Basil is nutritionally rich
- has medical uses such as anti- inflammatory
- very high in antioxidants
- can be used to disinfect
- helps combat colds, virus