CSA Lincoln Newsletter
Principal's Notes and Highlights
While it was a typical five day week, it sure seemed a lot longer. The transition back from break can be difficult for students and staff. I know I was missing my mid-day nap by Wednesday!
- Report Cards will be coming home today. Please return the envelope to school.
- 2017-2018 Enrollment Update: Mr. Sterling and Miss Fenske's classes were the first two have 100% enrollment forms turned in and will get the pizza party! If you haven't returned the form, please do so. Any class that gets 100% turned in by next Friday will still win a prize!
Have a great weekend!
1/16 MLK Jr. Day- No School
1/20- 2nd Payment due for 6th grade Chicago Trip
1/17-21 EBL Tournament Week (see schedule below)
1/31 Staff/Student Basketball Game-Paw Pack (3rd-6th)- Sports Recognition Night
2/6-9th Parent-Teacher Conferences / Book Fair
K-2 Passions: Earth Science- They learned about soil!
Endangered Species Trading Cards
From 4th grade:
Endangered Species Trading Cards
When: Wed., January 18 and Thurs., January 19 (as supplies last)
Where: During Lunch
Who: Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd grade
How Much: $0.50 each
You get a unique trading card to learn about an endangered species & a snack of animal crackers or goldfish crackers for your donation
Why: To raise awareness for the endangered animals and raise money to build a butterfly garden
WHAT IF WE NEEDED YOU TO KNOW...
WHAT IF there was an EMERGENCY? WHAT IF we needed to GET INFORMATION TO YOU? This is a QUICK and EASY way to communicate needed information TO YOU!
Click here to join the CSA Lincoln group.
Kids, Cops and Firefighters at kidscommons!
It’s kids, cops and firefighters day at kidscommons
Sunday, Jan. 15 from 1-5 pm.
Enjoy FREE ADMISSION while you explore the museum with our community friends and helpers from the fire department, police department and CRH Ambulance Service.
EBL Playoffs and Super Saturday
- Tuesday, January 17th- CSA Lincoln vs. Smith Elementary @ Clifty Creek- 5:30 p.m.
Second Round Basketball Game
- If we win the first round we would play Wednesday, January 18th @ Clifty Creek vs. Clifty Creek- First game starts at 5:30 p.m.
Super Saturday Event Schedule
Saturday January 21st, 2016 @ Columbus North H.S.
1. Doors open @ 7:30 a.m.
2. First boy’s semi-final game begins @ 8 a.m.
3. Second boy’s semi-final game begins @ 9:15 a.m.
4. First girl’s semi-final game begins @ 10:30 a.m.
5. Second girl’s semi-final game begins @ 11:45 a.m.
Clear Gym after final semi-final game
6. Re-open doors @ 1:45 p.m. for the start of Cheer Day
7. Cheer starts approximately at 2:30 p.m. ending around 4:30 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.
Clear Gym after Cheer competition
8. Re-open doors @ 5:30 p.m.
9. Boy’s championship game starts approximately 6 p.m. to 6:10 p.m.
10. Girl’s championship game starts approximately 7:30-7:40 p.m.
Northside Middle School Global Studies Pathway Night
On Monday, January 23 at 6:00 P.M., Northside will host an informational meeting for any 6th grade student and their family about our Global Studies Pathway (GSP) and/or Academic Challenge (AC) program. Doors will open at 5:30 P.M. The presentation will include the features of GSP, information about AC in 7th and 8th grade, AC selection and the GSP application procedure. Northside looks forward to welcoming you and your student to middle school!
From the Nurse's desk:
Illness: Students experiencing illnesses at school should notify the teacher. The student is then assessed by the nurse. If the student is too ill to remain in the classroom, the parent/guardian is called and expected to arrange for the child’s care.
Criteria for sending a student home or when to keep the student at home:
• Temperature of 100 degrees or more • Vomiting and/or diarrhea
• Inflamed eye with drainage • Severe pain
• Persistent cough • Open, draining sores
Return to school when fever free for 24 hours without medication or when vomiting/diarrhea has stopped. A student that develops reddened eyes with thick, yellow drainage may return after being seen by a physician and may return when eyes are clear after 24 hours with a note from the physician.
If your child is diagnosed with strep throat, staph infection, mono, conjunctivitis, fifth's disease, chicken pox or any other communicable condition, please report this to the school nurse as soon as possible.
Husky Gram Winners
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!