Murphy Middle School ENews
Thursday, September 14th
Career Day- Friday, October 13th
PTA RISE Program
Tomorrow is the last day for donations....
Carpool- Drop off and Pick up reminders
- We provide crossing guards between our building and the inner carpool parking lot and between the MMS property and the Kimbrough Stadium parking lot. You may want to consider dropping off at these locations in the morning or making arrangements with your child to meet you at one of these locations in the afternoon.
- Entering into our circular carpool area from 8:00 - 8:30 and from 3:20 – 3:40 can be a time-consuming endeavor; please be ready to spend time waiting if you enter the carpool loop. Please be courteous and patient.
- Please do not stop in the crosswalks. Students need a clear and safe path to cross through traffic.
- All student drop-offs and pick-ups must occur with your vehicle’s passenger side tires against the curb that runs closest to our building. Please do not drop your child off in the left lane; we never want students walking in between cars.
- Beyond the Eastern exit of the inner circle parking lot, traffic should move in a single line.
- You may pull away from the curb and into the left lane after drop-off or pick-up if the lane is open and it will move the carpool line forward.
- If you see your student standing at the crosswalk area of the carpool loop in the afternoon, you may bypass the line of cars – if the outer lane is clear – and pull past the crosswalk to pick up your student. Again, please make sure that your vehicle’s passenger side tires are against the curb.
- If your student will be walking to or from school, there will be crossing guards at the light near our entrance.
- We do not provide a crossing guard from the east parking lot (tennis courts) onto our campus, and this is our bus lane. For this reason, there should be no drop-offs or pick-ups in the east parking lot near the tennis courts.
- Students are asked to use the crosswalk with the crossing guard when moving between the main entrance parking area and the parking area in front of Kimbrough Stadium.
- Do not make a U-Turn after dropping your child off at the curb of the road running between Murphy and the Kimbrough parking lot. If you choose to drop your child here, pull far forward (parallel to the gym) and then exit by using the road running in front of Kimbrough Stadium. NO U-TURNS.
- There is a double turn lane from the South bound lanes of Murphy Road. Please consider this as you pull in for morning drop off and afternoon pick up. If you want to enter the carpool circle, you need to be in the right or westernmost turn lane off of Murphy Road. The inside or easternmost turn lane will allow you to either go straight or turn left (north) toward McMillen.
- Please be aware of designated accessible parking drop-off and pick-up locations which are marked with signs
Thank you for being courteous and patient in the carpool lanes.
PISD AVID is looking for tutors.
A strong applicant would be a college student or college graduate who has time available during the school day and likes to work with students. Tutors are paid by Plano ISD. Tutors are needed for Murphy Middle School as well as other middle schools, high schools, and senior high schools in the district.
Please contact Kristin Anderson (Kristin.email@example.com) for more information.
Is your student interested in participating in PACE next year?
Testing for consideration to be admitted into the Plano Academic and Creative Education (PACE) program for next school year will take place next spring. Referral packets can be submitted online or on paper by Friday, Jan. 12 to Ms. McAnderson in E105. If you have any questions about the process please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org. The online version will automatically send an email to her.
Murphy Restaurant Spirit Night!.....one left. Come out and support Murphy Middle School.
Be A Community Partner!
2017-2018 Reflections Program
A new school year has begun and the Murphy Middle School PTA is proud to announce the 2017-2018 Reflections program. The theme for this year's program is: Within Reach
Please see the attached flyer for an explanation of the program and a summary of the rules for each category.
Murphy Middle School won the award for the most student participation in Reflections among all the middle schools in Plano ISD, for the last 2 years!!
Let's keep the tradition going and make it 3 years in a row!
Entries will be due on Wednesday, November 8, 2017.
Entries can be turned in to the front office starting in mid-October. Each entry must be accompanied by an entry form, see attached file.
Additional entry forms will be available in the front office the week of September 18.
A copy of the complete category rules can be found HERE.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at 214-868-5907 (call or text) or email@example.com.
I look forward to seeing all the amazing entries from the very talented Murphy Middle School students!
Murphy Middle School PTA - Reflections Chair
MMS Spirit Wear
Thank you for ordering tons of Spirit Wear MMS! It will be delivered later this month to your student during lunch!
We will begin taking NEW ORDERS for our NEXT and FINAL ONLINE ORDER September 11th.
Orders will be open from 9/11-10/6.
Are you a MOM with a student in BAND, CHOIR or Orchestra?! Then you need our MMS Mom Pink V-neck featuring MUSIC NOTES to represent your student! Soft, comfy and cute! Order online beginning September 11th. Fall and Winter are around the corner, purchase your long sleeve MMS t-shirts or a pull over hoodie too.