Mrs. Gaston's News
September 9, 2015
Don't forget, field trip permission slips and money are due by Friday, September 25th!!!
Our planned trips:
- Black's Peaches- Friday, October 9th
- Economic Tour-Publix, Ci-Ci's, and Home Depot. (lunch is included in field trip payment), November 6th
- Community Tour of Downtown Rock Hill- Fire Museum, and the White Home-March 24th
- York County Museum-April 21st
The $20 fee covers all FOUR field trips!!!!
This week our focus will be:
- Analyze and interpret data from observations and measurements to describe the properties used to classify matter a solid or liquid.
- Develop and use models to exemplify how matter can be mixed together and separated again based on the properties of the mixture.
For homework Thursday your child will be asked to create a mixture of items at home. An example of this would be:
- Snack Mix
- Small toys that can be separated
- different types of beans
They will bring their mixture bags in on Friday for us to try to separate during class.
Birthday lunch for August and September birthdays will be this Friday, September 11th.
This week we are working on describing using details.