August 28, 2017
I hope you enjoyed your long weekend!
It was another wonderful week at FHN. It was fantastic to observe the Solar Eclipse with you and our students. It was also great to be with you in your classrooms and to spend time observing the great instruction that is being delivered at FHN.
It is clear that our staff is truly focused on continually to grow and learn so that we can help our kids to achieve more. I was greatly impressed with what I saw and heard throughout the week. Great things are happening at FHN!
Thank you for all that you do to make FHN a great place to work and learn! Enjoy your week!
- Congratulations to the Knightpride Band on an awesome performance at the FHSD Band Preview!
- Congratulations to FHNToday on being on being a distinguished site. Read more about it in the MId Rivers Newsmagazine:
- Awesome job by everyone involved with organing the Solar Eclipse Viewing. It was a great event.
PD Committee Meeting Monday August 28th 2:30-4:00 in the Learning Commons
- Administrators have been holding pre-evaluation conference meetings with teachers they supervise. The Student Data Monitoring Sheet is not due to your supervising administrator until the end of 1st quarter.
- Administrators have started walkthroughs. Reminder that our goal as an administrative team is to do a walkthrough on all teachers we do not supervise. The data collected for these walkthroughs is used by the CITW trainers to guide the PD.
The Solar Eclipse was awesome, and while many of students chose to take in the experience away from FHN, our Average Daily Attendance remains at 93.7%. This is just below our goal of 95.5%. Please keep encouraging students to be present in your class in order to receive the instruction they need to be successful.
Also, we now have over 100 students who have missed multiple days of school already. This a good indicator of chronic absenteeism. We will need to begin pairing these students with an Attendance Ally very soon. Please let Jeff Blankenship know if you would be interested in mentoring one of these students. Thank you.
- Discussion Items
- 2017-18 Climate SIP Review
- Possible make-up options to communicate Climate Breakout that got postponed at the beginning of the year
- Action Steps
- Adjustments to 2 SIP Action Steps
- Proposed Staff Night at the Football game on 9/8, details to come soon. Save the Date!
- Discussion Items:
- Student Feedback
- ITS and IT Updates
- SMART 17 Upgrade
- Clever Sign-In
- Additional iPad carts should be here by October
- Action Steps:
- Tech Lunch and Learn Topic Survey Coming
- Password reset 8/29
Next meeting 9/27 at 2:30 in Room 105