Forest Heights 2014
Week of February 10, 2014
What's Happening Live @ FHES
- All Week -2/10 - 2/14 mCLASS Intensive Progress Monitoring (K-5)
- All Week -2/10 - 2/14 AMC Assessment Window (K-2)
- Wednesday 2/12 Dental Clinic
- Thursday 2/13 Dental Clinic
- Friday 2/14 2nd Grade Field Trip to Library
- Friday 2/14 Target "Read to Kids" community event at FHES @ 9am - This is for classroom readers to come out Grades K-1 (More info to come this week)
- Friday 2/14 HAPPY VALENTINES DAY
- Monday 2/17 President's Day & Make up school day! See you at WORK!
- Monday 2/17 SPELLING BEE - Get your classroom spelling champions ready!
- Thursday 2/20 Interim Reports
- Thursday 2/20 Parent Involvement (Tentative)
- Monday 2/24 – Gastonia (West) Area - Community Talks With The Superintendent
3:45 p.m. – Meeting for GCS employees, 6:00 p.m. – Public meeting
- Wednesday 3/5 - Staff Meeting and iPad class
- Week of March 17th Fiesta Book Fair @ FHES
- Thursday 3/20 Forest Heights vs Pleasant Ridge Basketball PI Event
Thank you so much for your positive support of our Forest Height Team as we experience a bit of turbulence.
I encourage each of you to come up with at least 3 things that you can say positive about Forest Heights when confronted with negative comments about us. When someone speaks against one they are speaking against all of us.
Here is an example:
Guest: Wow...What in the world is going on at Forest Heights.
FHES Staff: I'm glad you asked. We have huge growth in our DIBLES MOY assessments demonstrating how hard everyone is working over here. Our 3-5 students just attended our Wix Winning Ways trip we had over half our eligible students attend. This means students had at least a "c" average, good attendance and zero office referrals. Did you know that we are a pilot school for our district for AMC. It's a math assessment that is going to help our teachers push our students learning to the forefront.
Guest: Wow...who would have known what a great little school you guys have over there. Impressive.
Branding is everything...What brand do you see our school as today...Where will we be tomorrow?
Check the time clock...
This also applies to attendance. You cannot reach children if you are not present.
Think it over.
All Teacher Assistants: Your assigned teachers will be completing a mid-year form on your classroom behaviors, attendance, work knowledge and other general information this week. Mrs. Wallace and I will complete the official Mid year evaluations on you.
Field Trip Heads-Up
If you have field trips scheduled or your students aligned to go this week. Please be aware that that there is a definite possibility the weather will cause cancellations. Think ahead and plan accordingly.
I will do my best to keep you up to date on recommendations but if you have a trip scheduled Tuesday - Friday and we are in school, you will need to contact me to make sure you can proceed on the trip.
GCS Employment Intent Forms
Nerissa Ijames 2/10
Mary Liu 2/11
Julia Reep 2/14
Anna Branch 2/15