HFRCS Newsletter SY 2022-2023
December 6, 2022 - Vol.2 Issue 15
From the Principal's Office
Dear Parents and Guardians,
This Friday we will be distributing report cards. Report cards show areas of strength and achievement as well as areas in which to improve. The beginning of a new trimester is a great opportunity to review progress and to set goals for improvement. Please take time to review your child's report card and affirm their good efforts.
This Thursday we will be celebrating the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary with Mass at 9:30 AM. Please join us if your schedule permits.
Friday, December 9 will be the last day of our Advent service project. All items must be received in school by Friday. Thank you to everyone who supported this project which is being donated to the St. Francis Inn in Kensington.
There will be no school next Wednesday, December 14, so the faculty can participate in a day of spiritual retreat.
Please be sure to see the Handbook Highlights section of today's newsletter that focuses on punctuality. It is so important for students have a good start to their day, and arriving on time ensures them the best opportunity to be prepared to do their best. Thank you for making sure your child arrives to school on time every day.
Sincerely Yours in Christ,
Remember to go to Mass this weekend!
Advent Service Project
As part of our school-wide Advent Service Project, we will be collecting items to make hygiene bags for the St. Francis Inn in Kensington. Families can shop off our Amazon Wishlist (link below) and have items shipped directly to the school OR you can shop and your child can deposit your donation in the collection box outside the Main Office.
The items on this list are just suggestions. Any toiletry items will be accepted.
All donations must be in by Friday, December 9th.
Please sign and return the brown envelope to school no later than Tuesday, December 13th. Please keep the report cards for your records.
Family Handbook, II School Policies, B. Punctuality/Lateness
Punctuality is crucial to your child’s success. A student who is consistently on time has the advantages of preparation for work and a positive attitude toward the school day.
- Students may arrive as early as 7:40 a.m. Students who are enrolled in the CARES Program may arrive as early as 7:00 a.m. (Please see the “CARES Program” section of this Handbook for more information about CARES arrival and dismissal.)
- A student in Grades K-8 is considered late if he or she is not present in homeroom by 7:55 a.m. and must report to the office for a late slip in order to be admitted to class. Pre-Kindergarten students are expected in class by 8:10 a.m.
- Lateness will be recorded. Students must present a note from the parent to the office for lateness. All lateness will be recorded. The parent or guardian of a student who is chronically late, that is five times per trimester, will warrant a letter from the Principal reminding the parent/guardian of the school’s attendance policy, and will receive after-school detention.
- An accumulation of three lateness will result in demerit(s).
- Dec 8 (Thu): Immaculate Conception Mass @ 9:30 AM
- Dec 9 (Fri): First Trimester Report Cards
- Dec 13 (Tue): Last day for student council candy cane sale
- Dec 14 (Wed): No School - Faculty Retreat Day
- Dec 16 (Fri): PK3 Christmas Pageant @ 9:30 AM, PK4-K Christmas Pageant @ 10:00 AM
- Dec 20 (Tue): Christmas Pageant Gr. K-8 @ 9:30 AM
- Dec 21 (Wed): Christmas Pageant Gr. K-8 @ 1:00 PM
- Dec 22 (Thu): Christmas Prayer Service @ 9:30 AM, Student Council $1 Dress Down Day (red and green)
- Dec 23 (Fri) to Jan 2 (Mon): No School - Christmas Break
Save the Date!
- Jan 29 (Sun): Open House @ 11:00-1:00 PM
From the Enrollment Office
Holy Family Regional Catholic School will be hosting our annual Open House on January 29, 2023 from 11:00 am- 1:00 pm. Please invite any friends who may be interested in attending Holy Family for the 2023-2024 school year. Remember any current family who refers new students are eligible for our Referral Incentive Program.
More information regarding the Open House will follow in the upcoming weeks. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the Advancement Office
As your favorite Christmas songs begin to play on every radio station and in every retail store, we are reminded of the hustle and bustle during the Most Wonderful Time of the Year. We take time to be thankful for all the blessings we have received this past year, which is quickly followed by the bargains and deals of Black Friday and Cyber Monday. However, on a day when there is a global generosity movement, we take a break to give back to those communities and organizations that make a difference in our lives.
The Giving Tuesday Challenge is a chance for YOU to spread Christmas cheer to Holy Family Regional Catholic School. This year, Holy Family will celebrate this global generosity movement with a timeless Christmas song with a twist of Holy Family spirit,
The Thirteen Days of Giving Challenge
Holy Family Regional Catholic School has provided hundreds of students with a quality Catholic education. Since our school opened its doors, Holy Family Regional Catholic School gave to families 13 years of inspiring challenging, and nurturing students leading to one incredible faith-based community that continues to grow through your support. (Something worth well more than 5 Golden Rings).
Will you please consider a gift of any size between November 29th and December 11th? As we celebrate our 13th anniversary, we hope to receive gifts of $13.00 to honor each year we’ve operated, perhaps even $26.00 to show investment in the next 13 years of Holy Family. As we near the holiday season, please keep our school on the gift list. No gift is too small and every act of kindness helps Holy Family to keep “Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree”. Let’s make Giving Tuesday 2022 the most wonderful time of the year! Thank you for your continued support.
Giving Tuesday Challenge Link: https://hfrcs.org/giving-tuesday
Ms. Mary Ann Conway, Advancement Director
***** HOME & SCHOOL NEWS *****
H&S Upcoming Events
- Dec 6 (Tue): Chick-Fil-A Fundraiser Spirit Night, mention Holy Family!
- Dec 16 (Fri): Christmas Gift Card Bingo @ 6:30 PM, Large Hall, RSVP by Dec 13
For any questions regarding Home & School events, please reach out to the H&S Leadership Team or email@example.com
Spiritwear: New spiritwear inventory on hand and available for purchase! Please see attached order form and email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
***** PARISH NEWS *****
Queen of the Universe
Father John R. Weber, Pastor
Father Cesar J. Izzaguire, Parochial Vicar
View the Parish Weekly Bulletin.
Sunday Mass Schedule:
4:00 PM (Vigil Mass), 7:30 AM , 9:30 AM , 11:30 AM , 1:00 PM La Misa en Español
Weekday Daily Mass:
8:30 AM - Monday through Saturday
Holy Days: (subject to change)
5:00 PM (Vigil), 8:30 AM, Noon, & 7:00 PM
The Sacrament of Reconciliation:
Thursday: 6:45 PM - 7:30 PM , Saturdays: 3:00 PM - 3:45 PM
The Sacrament of Baptism:
1st and 3rd Saturdays, at 11:00 AM
St. Frances Cabrini
Monsignor Magee, Weekend Assistant
View the Parish Weekly Bulletin.
- Monday-Saturday: 9:30 AM
- Saturday Vigil: 5:30 PM
- Sunday: 7:00 AM, 9:00 AM, 11:00 AM
- Holy Days: 6:30 AM, 12 Noon, 7:00 PM (except January 1st which follows a Sunday Mass schedule)
The Sacrament of Reconciliation
Saturday: 4:15-5:15 PM or by appointment
Daily Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
Saint Joseph Chapel
Monday - Saturday: 8:00 AM–8:00 PM
Sunday: 12:30 PM–8:00 PM
Included is this week's winnings. Congratulations to the winner! The jackpot prize for the next drawing is $5,000!