Brilliant Brains Bulletin - Seventh
Current Studies and Explorations
In September, we will explore the anatomy and characteristics of different bird species. Through Cornell Lab of Ornithology's Inside Birding series, we will look at size, shape, color pattern, behavior, and habitats of various birds. We will apply what we have learned by taking our skills to the natural environment of the school yard.
These topics will introduce us to "birding" and how to take an interest to a skill. To become a better "birder," one must imagine they are on a scavenger hunt to discover a treasure in nature. If one passionately researches, uses the correct tools, implements the skills they've learned, & accurately records their data & findings; they will be successful!
As a teacher, I want your student to discover this exciting field of science in a way they have never seen it before.
a message from Mrs. Redmon
Mrs. Redmon will be sharing our journey with you through our student portfolios on Seesaw! Throughout the year, I will be posting student work, pics, or videos of your child's explorations.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Oct. 3rd: Walk with the Birds (general admission/all ages/ 7-9 am)
- Nov. 13th: Kids Night Out at the Swamp ($20/ages 7-12/ from 6-10pm)
- Nov. 14th: Cyanotypes: Where Art Meets Science (Contact BR Gallery for more info/ages 7-14/ from 1-3pm)
BREC Highland Observatory:
-Every Friday & Saturday Nights: Evening Sky Viewings (Free/all ages/Fri.: 8:30-10pm/Sat. 7:30-10pm)
-Oct. 24th: The Spooky Spectrum (Free for all ages/ 6-10 pm)
Global Wildlife Center:
- Oct. 10: Fall Festival ($15 for non-members/all ages/5-8 pm)
- Up to Nov. 8: Mrs. Heather's Pumpkin Patch (Hammond, LA/$7 child & free for adults/open all week)
- Up to Nov. 2: Barn Hill Preserve (Ethel, LA/Children 12 & Under $7 - Adults $10/Sat. & Sun. 10am-5pm)
Visit our class website (mrsrhodesbrilliantbrains.weebly.com) often to stay up to date with the latest communication from us! Parents, to protect our privacy, our website pages are password-protected. The password is "gifted215"
This newsletter may contain hyperlinks, videos, and other media. Don't forget that a digital copy of this newsletter is sent to you via email and is also available on our class website.