Week of 11/13 - 11/17
Mrs. Pierce’s Principal Message
There is definitely pride for our country shining bright for all to see this week. We are so thankful for the freedoms we have in this great country. We live in the land where we are free to worship our God and are fortunate that He continues to grow in our hearts every day. We are grateful for the opportunity to pray every day throughout our day. This week the third graders of Mrs. White’s class led the student body in a patriotic rosary to pray specifically for each branch of the military, who served and continue to serve and sacrifice for our freedom. I am proud to be an American and live in a land full of opportunity, sacrifice and thanksgiving.
At our Monday prayer service, I showed the students a video about a Navy Seal, William McRaven, US Navy Admiral, who speaks about the importance of doing the little things- making one’s bed, which helps prepare the Seals to do the bigger things in life. Here is the link if you would like to see it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sK3wJAxGfs I challenged the students to start by doing 5 little things to make our world a better place.
Another video the students experienced was The Four Chaplains: Sacrifice at Sea. Here is the link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ewJp8HhYzA Here we see the sacrifice of a life for a life. According to Saint Pope John Paul II, “Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friend” (John 15:13). There are so many wonderful stories from our Veterans that touch our hearts and fill us with pride. We are so blessed to live in America. God Bless America!
Thank You Kindergarten Families
Thank you for a GREAT Veteran’s Day Celebration!
A Shoutout to 3rd and 4th grade
You all did a fantastic job on your performance Thursday night! You showed a love for our country, and we were all so impressed with your singing! Thank you to Mrs. Richards who worked with you to bring out your beautiful voices. Great Job!
2017 Reading Bee
SMG's Reading Bee Champ is Rosie Breclaw. Our runner up/alternate is Max Lester.
Thanksgiving Food Drive
Annual Thanksgiving Food Drive runs Monday, November 6th, through Friday, November 17th. Each student is asked to bring $1.00 and the specific item assigned to their grade level. See the below list of items to donate:
Friendly CAR LINE Reminders:
2. Please DO NOT park on Saint Maria Court and walk your student across the street or let them cross by themselves.
3. If your student does not arrive before 7:50 A.M., you must walk them to the front office to receive a tardy pass. Students cannot walk inside unless a parent accompanies them when they are tardy.
Catholic Charities Drive
Thanks to you, we raised 891 items for Catholic Charities. Wow! Because of your generosity, many homeless will have some basic necessities. Jesus is smiling when we help our neighbor.
A week at a glance:
Monday, Nov. 13
· Advanced Band 7:00-7:40 A.M.
· Morning Prayer in cafetorium
· Basketball Practices Begin
· Yearbook Meeting 3:30-4:15 P.M.
· School Advisory Council Meeting 6:30-8:30 P.M.
· Soccer St. Maria Red @4:15pm vs SEAS Gold @ St. Elizabeth Ann Seton
Tuesday, Nov. 14
· Beginning Band 7-7:40 A.M.
· Robotics 6:30-8:00 P.M.
· Remind your students to bring canned goods for Mass on Wednesday
Wednesday, Nov. 15
· Advanced Band 7-7:40 A.M.
· Chess Club during lunch
• NJHS Meeting at lunch
· Library Club 3:00-3:40 P.M.
Thursday, Nov. 16
· Beginning Band 7-7:40 A.M.
· Running Club 3:30-4:20 P.M.
· Mr. Hibachi Dine-Out Fundrasier 6:00-9:00 P.M. (5005 South Cooper Street)
Friday, Nov. 17
· Noon Dismissal. There will be SMEED available.
- National Adoption Day- NJHS, 8th grade cheerleaders and STUCO go to courthouse 8 - 11 A.M.
Nov. 20-24 – Thanksgiving Holiday Break
Nov. 27 – Home & School Meeting 7:00P.M.
Dec. 4 & 5 – Christmas Program at 6:30 P.M.
Dec. 6 - NO School Mass, will attend on Friday/Holy Day
Dec. 7 - Individual Make-up School Picture Day by Glamourcraft
Dec. 8 – 10:00 A.M Mass for the Feast of the Immaculate Conception
Dec. 11-14 - Christmas Store