Announcements, updates, and weekend preparations!
FRIDAY, MARCH 31, 2023
If you would like to share your praises, prayer requests, leave a comment about how you've been impacted recently or if you have a question about something you've been thinking about, please click here.
Would you like to walk with someone in the First Principles of following Jesus? Are you willing to serve the body by leading in corporate prayer, reading scripture, praying with those who come to the altar on Sundays? If so, click here.
The Worship of the Church
"Psalm 150:6: "Let everything that has breath praise the LORD! Praise the LORD!" God has created us and given us breath so that we can worship Him and give Him praise.
In December 2009, after I had just landed in Atlanta, I received the news that the beloved grandfather of my wife had died and was with Jesus. A few days later at the funeral, as I was standing at the open casket, I had to think of the words of Psalm 150:6 and what an incredible gift from God it is to have breath and to be able to give praise to our holy God."
Click here to continue reading.
LOVING ONE ANOTHER WELL SHIRT/HOODIE ORDER
We're doing another order of the "Loving One Another Well" shirts and hoodies. Use the link below to order yours!
We've made it possible to order up to 2 of each; if you want more, you'll have to complete a second form.
Check them out and sign up for yours by clicking here.
MARCH 31ST - APRIL 1ST
Click here to sign-up today.
SUNDAY, APRIL 2ND
There are 2 Crossroads University tracks this:
Foundations: Biblical Interpretation
Why are there various interpretations of the same passage of the Bible? How do different belief systems come to their interpretations of the same scripture? In this CU track, we will cover many of the founding principles of biblical interpretation. We'll discuss things like context, themes, archetypes, and more. We will examine specific passages and discuss how they have been interpreted throughout history. This class will help you read and understand scripture as it was meant to be - as it was written!
Click here to join the Foundations: Biblical Interpretation group.
Over the next six weeks, we will discuss the idea of worship. What does worship look like, and why do we do it? Why do we do it the way we do? We’ll discuss the call of the body to gather together in corporate worship and the goal of corporate worship.
Click here to join the Corporate Worship group.
Kidz WorshipMakers meets in The Underground for 6 to 12-year-olds and the Early Childhood Center is available for those who are 5 and under.
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 5TH
SATURDAY, APRIL 29TH
Save These Important Dates
- March 31st-April 1st: DNOW 2023
- Sunday, April 2nd: Crossroads University @9:30AM
- Sunday, April 2nd: Baby Dedication @10:30AM
- Sunday, April 2nd: The Well @6PM
- Wednesday, April 5th: Midweek @6:30PM-8PM
- Sunday, April 8th: 10:30AM SERVICE ONLY (NO 9:30AM)
- Saturday, April 29th: Anit-Prom @3:30PM-8PM
- June 5th-9th: 2023 Church Camp in The Rockies
*Dates are subject to change and more events will be added! We'll keep you informed.
Are You Ready to Take the Plunge?
Becoming A Covenant Partner
(or what others might call "church membership")
Finding a new church or choosing a church for the first time is a daunting and somewhat scary task. Crossroads Connections is designed to help you better understand what pursuing Covenant Partnership looks like at C2 and why a person should make a covenant with a church family. We'll pull back the veil and give you a sneak peak into the "behind the scenes" of Crossroads, our mission, vision, values and strategy, how we're structured and how you can be a part of it, IF that is where the Lord is leading you.
There is no obligation...this is simply a prayerful "fact-finding" opportunity for you, as someone that has attended multiple times, to investigate Crossroads a little further.
We'd love to give you a Connections notebook prior to meeting. It's a great resource for many of the pertinent questions someone new to Crossroads might have. It also serves as a guide to most of the things that a person should know before joining themselves to a church family. After you've had a chance to look over the Connections notebook, we'll set up a time to chat - to get to know one another and answer any questions you might have.
CLICK HERE to register and one of our Elders will reach out to you and we'll get started.
Interested in Dedicating Your Baby?
Sign-Up here to signify you are interested in this special celebration for your family. A member of our staff will be in touch with you to provide more information and answer any questions.
Check Out Midweek's "Over The Hump"
In order to keep our communications streamlined, we have broken our weekly reminders into three smaller digital publications. If you missed this last week's "Over the Hump", click the image above to check it out or refresh your memory. "Over the Hump" focuses on Missions Highlights, Prayer, Offering Reports, Reminders, etc.
DOWNLOAD CHURCH CENTER TODAY!
- ...find a Group
- ...participate in Group messaging with your Group and Ministry Teams and find contact information for those in your Group
- ...support your church, missions and special projects through Giving
- ...signup for a variety of special events (like the ones above this message)
- ...view an upcoming calendar of events here at Crossroads so you can mark your own calendars
- ...view a directory of contacts within the church family and see photos to connect a face with a name
- ...pre-check-in on your way to The Big House so you don't have to stand in line at the Check-In Stations
You'll find links to some of the most vital utilities and features you'll need access to in order to fully participate in community here at Crossroads Church
You can find and install Church Center in the App Store of your mobile device or by clicking the image above.
You can also find and bookmark all the Church Center features and utilities in your favorite browser on your computer by CLICKING HERE or by typing https://crossroadsgv.churchcenter.com/ in the search bar.
Stay Connected to C2
Our Website: http://direction4living.com
- 900 NW Jefferson St. - Grain Valley, MO 64029
- Crossroads Church - PO Box 351- Grain Valley, MO 64029
Darryl & Sharon Jones - Elder/Lead Pastor
- Darryl - 816-694-7621 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click Here to schedule an appointment with Pastor Darryl
- Sharon - 816-694-7622 / email@example.com
Jenny Lindsay - Pastor Darryl's Admin Assistant
- 816-447-0191 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Daniel & Krysten Ballard - Elder/Worship Arts/Student Ministry Pastor
- Daniel - 816-517-4252 / email@example.com
- Krysten - 816-809-1128 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael & Summer Hicks / Elder
- Michael - 816-298-3032 / email@example.com
- Summer - 816-572-1264 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: the church DOES have a phone line for those outside the church family. We've had the line for the last 22 years and it's good to have for the general public. The church line mostly attracts sales and marketing calls. As a result, it is not monitored very closely.
If you need to contact one of our Staff Pastors or Elders, PLEASE USE THEIR MOBILE NUMBERS WHICH ARE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU ABOVE. You'll also find this information in the front of your Crossroads Connections notebook. These numbers are not to be given out to the public but are available for your personal use.
- Pastor Darryl Jones is full-time here at the church but isn’t always in the office as ministry happens everywhere. Pastor Darryl and Sharon live here in “The Big House” and try to be very accessible to the church family. However, they do try to protect Friday each week as a day of restorative rest and time together. Pastor Darryl tries to “unplug” electronically on Fridays but can be contacted through Sharon in case of emergency. Click Here to schedule an appointment with Pastor Darryl.
- Pastor Daniel Ballard is also full-time here at the church but isn't always in the office as ministry happens everywhere. Pastor Daniel also takes Friday off but is, of course, available in case of emergency.
- Michael Hicks is a lay Elder and does not keep office hours. He is self-employed and owns his own growing company, East Side Electric, LLC.
- Jenny Lindsay is Pastor Darryl’s Administrative Assistant and works in the church office from 9am to 2pm, Monday thru Thursday.
- Everyone else who serves our church does so on a volunteer basis—neither receiving compensation nor keeping office hours.
All of that to say - we are here to serve you, but “here” is always relative. Text, email and phone are our friends. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you can’t find us at “The Big House”.
Connect with Us!
...by leveraging who we are and what we've been given to reach our neighbors, our city and our world with the Gospel -- so others may hear...AND live.